lexi's play ii: thank you, five

Lexi [narrating]: If anyone asked Violet why she never left Jake she'd say

Vera: "I tried but he always finds me."

Leaving things alone was crucial for her survival. She knew Nate's threats of punishment were not empty. He had beat her up the night Elliot and I visited her and she disappeared for three days afterward. It was part of the game. Nate knew where she was and where she was going. It was a sick game of cat and mouse. And when he caught her, it never ended well. And he always caught her.

Nate hadn't stepped foot into Fezco's shop since he threatened to kill him. But Fez had taken something that belonged to him. Nate would do anything to get it back.

"Where the fuck is she, Fezco?"

"I don't know."

"Don't bullshit me. I know that slut is here."

"Sorry, playboy." Fez said, "I haven't seen her."

"I'm sure the cops would love to know what really happened on new years'. And after that you kidnapped my girlfriend." Nate said.

Ashtray was in the back with Vera. "He's bluffing."

"He's not." Vera said. "I can't let Fez get arrested cuz of me." She took a deep breath and kept her head down as she emerged from the backroom. Nate pulled her into a bruising kiss, shoving his tongue down her throat in front of Fezco. Vera couldn't look Nate in the eye when he yanked her arm after he broke the kiss. "Let's go, beautiful."

"Okay." she squeaked out.

"How did you find me?" she asked as he dragged her to his truck. She'd been at Fezco's shop for a few days hanging out in the back when he came in yelling, threatening to tell the cops about Fezco if he didn't get her.

"You should really get more creative with your hiding places. You know I told you we'd always be together." Nate said, rubbing her cheek. Before she knew it, Nate wrapped a hand in her hair. "If you needed shit from Fez why didn't you ask me to drive you?"