iv. bonnie & clyde

Four: bonnie & clyde

Maddy knew who she was from a very early age

Maddy knew who she was from a very early age. As long as Maddy could remember, she just knew she had something special. Something intangible, something immeasurable. She never knew exactly what it was. And it gave her confidence.

That's why she loved pageants. You just had to have confidence.

She had had a thing for Nate for a while. At first he was a gentleman. And she did love Nate. She loved her relationship with Nate. And she was also a really good girlfriend.

=

But that's the thing about guys like Nate. They don't want a person. They want something they can own and possess. Like Sharon Stone in Casino. Sharon Stone in casino ran the fuck over DeNiro. And she did the same to Nate. Seriously, Sharon stone in Casino was, like, Maddy's spirit animal.

=

Plus Nate could be a real asshole. And sometimes Maddy fantasized about punching Nate. But because of who he was and what she'd seen him do to Veronica, she was afraid he'd hit her back. Especially because he was coming to terms with his sexuality. That's like the root of a lot of violence. When she got home that night she felt sick enough to throw up. It wasn't the violence that scared her. It was the fact that she knew, no matter what he did, she'd still love him.

And she knew Veronica felt the exact same way. They weren't close at all. It was weird considering how much time they spent together. But Veronica didn't like many people. she wasn't sure if she even liked Maddy as a person. She loved me and Jules though.

=

NOTHING COMES CLOSE TO OPIODS, A GOOD ES 7.5 VICODIN. BUT THE. THERE. EXCEPT JULES AND VERONICA. THEY'RE A CLOSE SECOND. YOU WHAT'D BE BETTER. JULES AND FENTANYL. BUT I CAN'T DO BOTH CUZ JULES WONT LET ME. BUT I CHOOSE JULES FOR NOW.

"RUE, DINNER'S READY."

"Yeah."

"ARE YOU COMING?"

"YEAH... NO... I MEAN YEAH... FOR DINNER."

"SO, JULES AND VERONICA SLEPT OVER LAST NIGHT?"

"YEAH SO."

"ARE YOU 3 IN A RELATIONSHIP?"

"YEAH."

"IT MAY NOT MATTER WHAT I THINK BUT I REALLY LIKE THEM."

"BABY, JUST TAKE YOUR TIME. YOU'VE COME A LONG WAY. YOU'RE

"YES YOU ARE."

"IT'S FINE, MOM. WE HAD A REALLY LONG CONVERSATION ABOUT IT."

-

Ashtray and I tried to convince Jules to get a tattoo with me.

Jules hesitated. "UM... HOW BAD DOES IT HURT."