prologue. veronica, veronica, veronica!!!

prologue: Veronica, Veronica, Veronica

"September 1st, 1989. Dear Diary: I believe I'm a good person. Ya know, I think there's good in everyone, but here we are, first day of senior year. I look around at all these kids I've known all my life and I ask myself: What happened?"

 I look around at all these kids I've known all my life and I ask myself: What happened?"

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"September 1st, 1989

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"September 1st, 1989. Dear Diary: I believe I'm a good person. Ya know, I think there's good in everyone, but here we are, first day of senior year. I look around at all these kids I've known all my life and I ask myself: What happened?"

Veronica St. James-Sawyer and I have been best friends since diapers. We've lived across the street from each other all our lives. Her dad was dead, my dad was dying, and her mom was always out on business trips. We only had each other.

I was the only one allowed to touch her prized possession, a blue leather bound diary with her initials engraved into the silver plaque on the cover.

A diary? What is this, 1985? Fun fact: Veronica Sawyer loved 80s movies. Not the romantic ones where everyone forgets Molly Ringwald's birthday but the best present of all was getting noticed by her high school crush. She liked gritty dark comedies like the one she was named after. She watched it every Valentine's Day and around prom season. It reminded her that the real world fucking sucked and that some people deserved to get served a cup of liquid drain-o.

But her life wasn't like that. It was lonely and boring for the most part. She'd been diagnosed with social anxiety at age 13 after she had a breakdown at Nate Jacobs' birthday party. The altercation made Nate become obsessed with her, especially after seeing how broken she really was. He ended the party early and spent the night with her.

My addiction drove a wedge between us. She took Adderall for her anxiety and I'd stolen it from her a week before I OD'd.

But the real turning point came at the beginning of sophomore year, when she walked in on Maddy and Nate making out in the girls' bathroom and realized she had two options. She could either tell everyone what she saw and keep her mouth shut and forge them a hall pass. She handed them the hall pass and was about to leave when Maddy stopped her.

Candy Store, Nate Jacobs & Maddy Perezजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें