Eddie- Back To Back

Eddie grabs a nearby oar and somehow snaps it in half, passing one half to me just in time as a demobat flies towards me, I impale it and shove it to the ground, stomping on it to make sure it doesn't fly up and feast on my face.

I take a step backwards, my back meets Eddie's as we look around at the incoming group of beasts.

"Shit." I mumble, gripping the oar tighter as I tense up ready to fight.

"Yeah, what you said." Eddie replies, his voice laced with fear.

"We can take them." Steve calls out from a few feet away, holding another oar whilst Nancy and Robin search for something to use.

"Yeah, we're not all jocks like you, I can't even play basketball without something going wrong." I hiss at Steve, who gives me a small frown.

"Hey guys, now isn't the time!" Eddie shouts as the bats draw closer.

Without warning, the bats speed up and screech as they finally reach us. I whack as many as I can with the oar, as Eddie stabs them. We work together ducking and swinging in time to fight off the bats, but one somehow gets past me and latches itself onto Eddie's shoulder, it's teeth digging in.

"Eddie!" I shout, using my oar to knock it off to the ground, my vision turns red as I stomp on the bat more times than I can count, until there's a gooey mess all over the floor.

"Hey, hey, I think it's dead." Eddie grabs my arms, pulling me away from it.

Panting, I quickly turn around and throw my arms around his neck, squeezing him and not letting go.

"Jesus Christ Y/N, you're rivalling the bats with your claws." Eddie laughs, wincing at his small injury as he wraps his arms around me, his chin resting on my shoulder.

"Sorry," I mumble, pushing back a bit to give him some space.

"No, no it's okay," he grins, "I knew you liked me."

I let go and scoff, "I definitely don't like you, I was just worried I'd have to drag your ass back to Hawkins." I reply, lying to his face.

"Psshh, yeah, okay." He laughs, his dimples appearing as he continues to grin at me.

I avoid his eyes and look at the carnage, amazed by how many bats we all took on.

"We should get going." Nancy announces, leading the way through the vines.

I begin to follow everyone, and Eddie quickly jogs to catch up, leaning into my ear as he mumbles "Nice moves back there sweetheart."

I can't help but smile, before elbowing him in the ribs and walking faster.

"Oooh, you so have a crush on me." Eddie calls out.