CAMPAIGN- PART TWENTY FIVE

Dustin throws a rope made of sheets, and your brain hurts thinking of the physics behind it as it falls to the floor, scrunching your face up trying to work out how Dustin figured it out.

"That's adorable" Eddie smiles at you, so you stick your tongue out at him, his eyes darken and he smirks at you.

Looking back up, you see Lucas and Max pulling a very stained mattress onto the floor, you blush at the thoughts racing through your head.

"Those stains are, er....I don't know what those stains are" Eddie mumbles, as Robin looks at him with disgust.

Jealously punches you, thinking of who might have been in that bed with Eddie, you just know that he isn't a virgin. Gritting your teeth, you try to move on from the thought.

"Guess I'll be the guinea pig" Robin says, climbing up the rope.

You hold your breath, silently praying she'll get back okay, when a voice tickles your ear.

"Don't worry Sweetheart, I'll get us a new mattress" Eddie whispers just loud enough to make you blush, though you like the idea of it.

You open your mouth to reply, but Robins thump draws your attention. She sits up and gives a thumbs up.

"Up you go" Eddie nudges you, but you shake your head.

"No way, you go first" You tell him.

You both bicker until Steve cuts in, "Dude, just climb up the damn rope!".

Eddie looks back at you one more time before climbing up, you admire the way his black jeans fit him as he moves, thinking of how strong his arms are and how they could push and pull you-

You realise Nancy is smirking at you, knowing what you're thinking, and you blush furiously, going ten shades of red.

You climb the rope next, with a lot of struggle, before falling through the gate and landing on the mattress.

"I like the view of you on your back" Eddie mumbles into your ear as he begins to pull you up.

All of a sudden, it feels like your falling, as if Eddie has completely let go of you, and you're falling through the Earth. Darkness swallows you until you see no more.

---------------------------
You open your eyes and squint against a bright light, it takes a moment for you to release you're strapped into a hospital chair, blood paints the walls and a tall, dark figure stands at the end of the room.

With vein like structures covering its body, bright blue eyes bore into yours. You squirm, trying to get away, fighting against the cuffs as Vecna steps towards you.

Fight or fight mode kicks in, and you decide to fight, refusing to let this monster see you scared. You lift your chin in defiance, and Vecna's deep voice fills your ears.

"Are you not afraid?"

You stare at him, not responding verbally, but your mind screams at you to run.

He comes closer and closer, and his hand reaches out to your face. Visions fill your mind; Hawkins in disarray, monsters flying around the town you've come to know as home, and finally, the worst outcome of all.

Eddie's dead body lies on the ground, his bloody hand reaches out for yours as he gurgles. You fall to your knees sobbing, his eyes finally stay still, never seeing your smile again. Never hearing your geeky references. You'll never feel his warmth hold you close. He's gone.

Faint guitars play in the background, and you look down, staring at Eddie's corpse. The music becomes louder and louder, and you realise it's Metallica's Seek and Destroy.

You remember Vecna, falling onto the mattress, Eddie helping you up as he tells you that dirty innuendo. You feel yourself come back to the light.

----------------------------

"Y/N, come back to me!" Eddie shouts as your eyes open, staring into his perfectly alive brown ones.

You whimper and tackle him to the floor, sobbing as he holds you tighter than he ever has before, mumbling "You're here, you're safe, I've got you sweetheart".

A few minutes pass as the others watch you, and you announce to them "I want to kill that son of a bitch".