Eddie- Back To School Worries

I sit on the edge of my bed, my knee nervously bouncing as I stare at the floor, my thoughts race as I think of everything that could go wrong tomorrow, even though it's my final year at school.

"Earth to Y/N" Eddie slowly chuckles, sitting up from my bed and throwing his book to the side.

"What?" I ask confused, since I wasn't paying attention at all.

Eddie joins me at the side of the bed, leaning down to look into my eyes, "I said, what's bothering you?"

I shake my head, plastering on a fake smile for him, but Eddie frowns as he sees right through it.

"Are you worried about school?" He softly asks, resting a comforting hand on my knee to stop it from moving.

I let out a nervous laugh, "What? No, of course not." Eddie just gives me a stare. Yeah, he knows.

"Okay, well maybe a little" I quietly mumble, my shoulders deflating as the anxiety takes over again.

"Sweetheart, you've got nothing to worry about" Eddie smiles, kneeling down in front of me and taking my hands in his.

"Look at me," Eddie asks, and I lift my eyes to his, "you know the layout of the school, so you can't get lost. You've got you're timetable, so you know what you're doing. Your bag is already over packed, so you can't forget anything. And I'll be there with you."

His reassurance is just what I needed, I nod, feeling a bit better about going back to school, but worry still vaguely chips at me.

"I don't even know why I'm worried, maybe I just don't want to go back" I shrug.

Eddie's thumbs stroke circles on my hands, the comforting touch calms me down as I ground myself, taking a deep breath.

"Good girl" Eddie mumbles, and my heart skips a beat at his words. I let out a small laugh, not even knowing why.

"If I'm honest, I don't wanna go back either, but we've gotta graduate together so we can leave this place for good" Eddie says, before getting up and flopping down next to me on the bed.

"Come here sweetheart" He murmurs, holding his arms open as I climb next to him. His arms cage me into his chest as he strokes my back.

"I'm sorry I'm such a mood killer" I mumble into his chest.

Eddie pauses and lifts his head, "I'm glad you talked to me, I'll always be here for you Y/N."

Smiling, I nod and try to relax, enjoying this last evening of peace with Eddie.

It'll all work out okay in the end, I know it.