Steve- Coming To Rescue

We all agreed to kill Vecna, but first we needed weapons, so after driving across Hawkins, we finally reach some weaponry store that feels more like a military base.

"Let's split up, just grab whatever you can." Nancy says to us all, so I nod and grab a basket as I walk down the aisles, putting a variety of things in my basket.

"That you Henderson?" A voice calls out as I slowly turn around, coming face to face with the one person I most definitely did not want to see.

"Jason," I mumble, plastering on a fake smile, "I'm sorry about Chrissy, she was a nice girl."

Jason nods solemnly, but then he gives me a look which makes my hairs stand up.

"Yeah she was, I just want to find that son of a bitch Eddie Munson and the rest of that satanic Hellfire Club." He spits out, stepping closer and closer to me until I'm backed against the shelves.

"Yeah, well I can't help you with that." I say weakly, not liking being trapped in a corner.

"Say, isn't your little brother part of that club?" Jason asks, referring to Dustin.

"I'm not sure, I don't keep tabs on what he does everyday of the week." I retort, finding a confidence in my fear.

It's short lived as Jason comes face to face with me, suddenly grabbing something from the shelf beside my head, causing me to flinch.

"I would walk away if I were you" A voice says behind Jason, I didn't even see Steve walk this way but a relieved sigh escapes my lips as I see him.

Jason stares at me for a beat longer until he turns around and shoulders his way past Steve.

"Asshole" Steve mumbles to Jason's back, turning back to me his eyes scan my body up and down.

"I'm fine" I say before he can ask, Steve nods and grabs the basket from me.

"Let's get out of here." He says as we go and pay for everything.

Once back outside, Steve passes the bags to the others as they load up the RV, before I can get it Steve puts his hands on my waist and leans his face near mine.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asks softly, his eyes stare into mine.

"Yeah, he just surprised me that's all." I say weakly, Steve frowns but nods, giving me a quick kiss on the forehead before helping me up the step into the RV.