Eddie- The Note

I sit in Eddie's bedroom as usual, we've been best friends since childhood so none of us find it weird, Metallica plays in the background as I help Eddie write some ideas down for his DnD campaign.

"I'm going to grab a snack, you want anything?" He asks, putting down his notebook and getting up.

I shake my head as he goes to the kitchen. I stay seated on the bed, leaning against the wall as I stare at the notebook, Eddie never lets anyone touch it, it's basically his diary.

I know I shouldn't, but my hands grab the notebook anyway, I look to the doorway in case Eddie's standing there, but he isn't.

My eyes flick through the notebook, finding random sketches of DnD characters and ideas, as well as random half done homework and a few Corroded Coffin songs, but then the pages are blank.

I'm about to carefully put the notebook back when a random page has writing on. Curiosity gets the better of me and I decide to read it, there's no title, just a letter addressed to nobody.

You know I'm shit at speaking about emotions and whatever, so I thought it would be easier to write it all down, but even now I'm sitting here and I have no idea where to startI'm gonna take inspiration from Bilbo Baggins  since he managed to sit down and write a huge ass book about his adventures, right?
Alright, so here's my adventure I guess...
I've been friends with you since  you brought over them cookies your mom insisted on, and I remember your smile as you shyly introduced yourself, I knew then that you'd be my friend, I love free food.
After that, we just kinda grew up together, nothing unusual , no huge event that triggered anything. Then high school happened, and you grew up. I don't think there was a specific moment that I knew, it just hit me one day, it was the day of the championship game, you know when little Sinclair won for Hawkins? That DnD game was one of the best yet, and your grin when you won, I'm sure I felt the world spin. I know you're gonna say this is so un-Eddie like of me, but it's true. I'm so in love with you, which is fucking weird because I always act like nothing bothers me, but you do. You always have. I don't know if I'll even give this to you, but if I do you shouldn't first be proud of the fact that I wrote this, because I don't even do my homework (also thank you for always doing my homework, one day I'll repay you).
So yeah, that's it I guess. I love you.
Shit, I'm so fucking screwed.

By time I finish reading the letter, tears are falling down my cheeks. I look up and freeze when I see Eddie leaning against the doorway, arms crossed as he nervously looks at me.

"You read it then?" His voice trembles.

I nod, and sniffle. "I'm proud of you for writing so much." I laugh before bursting into a cry.

Eddie laughs and comes over to me, opening his arms for a hug.

"Well?" He asks as his chin rests on my head.

"You're delusional for loving me..." I say, and Eddie stiffens, "and I must be bat shit crazy for feeling the same way." I finish.

Eddie lets out a relieved sigh and pushes me back before pressing a kiss to my lips, his mouth smiling as we entangle together.