CAMPAIGN- PART SEVEN

Steve opens the door to the boathouse and you all step into the darkness. The smell of wood and salt hits your nose, and darkness swallows you for a moment until the kids turn on their flashlights, illuminating the room.

You all split up, looking for Eddie in the small space, Steve grabs an oar and begins prodding the tarp covering the boats.

"What are you doing, just pull the tarp off!" Dustin tells Steve.

"Do you wanna do it?" Steve asks.

You smile at their interaction and see that Max has found empty food wrappers and beer bottles. "Someone was just here" She states.

You bite your lip out of habit when all of a sudden a figure leaps from the tarp and shoves Steve against the wall, a broken bottle held against his neck.

"Shit!" Dustin shouts, along with fhe rest of you.

You realise the figure is Eddie, looking frantic and a little insane. You feel sympathy and automatically scan Eddie from toes to head to make sure he isn't hurt for any reason.

"Put the bottle down, we're your friends, we believe you didn't do it," Dustin says to a shaken Eddie, his hands up in a surrender. "I swear on my mother!" Dustin adds on quickly, and we all agree.

Eddie lowers the bottle and slumps down against the wall as Steve scrambles away.

Eddie's gaze roams over you all, and his eyes land on yours. Confusion crosses his face, "What are you doing here?" He asks.

You give him a small smile, "Thought I'd take a stroll" you answer sarcastically.

Eddie doesn't smile, but his eyes soften, going from feral back to just scared.

"I didn't do it man" Eddie announces, and you all agree.

"There's some things you should know," Dustin starts, turning his head towards you, "Both of you should know".

Your face falls but you nod, gently sitting down opposite Eddie.

Dustin and the others cooperatively tell you everything about the Upside Down, Eleven and last years events. Then Eddie tells everyone last nights events with Chrissy.

You take a big breath after the information sinks in, and Eddie looks how you feel, disoriented and sick.

"Are you alright?" Eddie softly asks you.

You shake your head, laughing sarcastically, meeting Eddie's brown eyes.

"I should probably tell you all that I had a nightmare last night" you start, all eyes on you, your eyes lift to Eddie's as you confess "and I saw Chrissy die."