Steve- Cheaters Gonna Cheat

The school is almost empty as you pack your bag and head outside, the night air is chilly but you don't feel it, you feel numb and weak, and before you know it you're slumping against the wall crying.

You can't believe your boyfriend cheated on you for some cheerleader, you happen to overhear her talking in the bathroom before confronting your boyfriend, who didn't even try to deny it.

"Hey, are you okay down there?" A familiar voice shouts from across the parking lot. Steve Harrington, aka the used to be King Of Hawkins High.

You wipe your tears away with the back of your hand, shaking your head and starting to get up.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Steve asks coming closer, his face a mixture of confusion and sympathy.

"Do you even care?" You snap, instantly regretting it. You and Steve used to have a few classes together, and after being paired up for a project, you both became good friends, until he went for a job somewhere and you stayed at school working for the paper.

"Yeah I do care, I've missed seeing your face around" He smiles, holding out a hand for you.

You take it as he helps you up, nodding his head towards his car. You get in and begin to feel another wave of sadness and embarrassment overwhelm you.

"I'm so stupid" You say outloud, scoffing as you look out of the window.

"No you're not, you're one of the smartest people I know, now are you gonna tell me what this is all about?" Steve asks, raising his eyebrows as he starts the car.

"My boyfriend cheated on me, turns out he has been for a while. He only wanted my brain and, well you know..." You trail off, a small blush smattering your cheeks.

"Right. Want me to beat his ass up?" Steve says, briefly turning his head to you, his hands tighten around the steering wheel.

"No it's fine, I just hope the asshole fails" You smile as Steve pulls into the shop carpark.

"I'll be right back" He winks as he gets out and jogs to the shop before you can answer. Minutes later he comes back into the car carrying slushies and chocolate bars.

"Here, I thought this might cheer you up" Steve smiles, showing his perfect teeth.

"Thank you" You say, accepting the treats.

He waves a hand, "It's the least I could do since you practically taught me everything for school"

You sip your drink and frown, "You're not giving yourself enough credit, you were great at school"

"No, that was all you, you were there for me that last year, you were- are awesome" He confesses with a passion, turning in his seat to look at you.

"God Harrington, you're really have a way with words" You joke as Steve smiles at you.

"So tell me what you've been up to this whole time" Steve asks, sipping his drink and getting comfy.