Chapter forty seven: unpause.

The next seven days were mostly spent at the hospital before Yasmin got discharged.

The doctors said the new drugs were working. Well, considering she still doesn't have much time left, it's better she spent them a little healthier.

She was already feeling better. She could sit up and even walk so Ahmad doesn't have to be carrying her around.

Everyone went back home, satisfied that the sweet girl was okay.

Salman was watching a basketball game on the tv when Feena Salaamed and entered.

He gave her a small smile which she returned after sitting next to him. She had one hand behind her back but he didn't seem to notice.

"Unpause?" She asked with a raise of her brows.

He sighed and nodded. Time to bring an end to their fight, to be adults and properly communicate and talk about it.

"Did you mean it before when you said you don't mind not having kids if it means you'll be with me?"

"I meant it. You're my life, I love you more than anything... you're enough for me. Besides, you already told me you don't what to have kids so it's not fair on me to make you." He admits with a smile.

"But I don't want you to regret anything in the future and it'll already be late by then or for you to hate and resent me in the future because of it... are you sure?"

He nodded firmly. "It's like you don't know how much I love you." He brought one of her hands and placed it on his chest.

Thump thump thump, His heart palpated.

"If only you can see what's inside." He said as he held eye contact with her soft orbs, Letting his eyes do the talking.

"I've made a decision... actually I came to a decision last week but I didn't get a chance to tell you... I want to have babies with you, Salman."

His eyes widened in surprise before a smile broke out on his lips. He brought his face closer to her face and bumped his nose with hers.

She loves it when he does that.

"I love you." She told him sincerely, resting her forehead on his.

"And I love you." He whispered back.

He pulled away. "But are you sure you want to do this?" He asked again.

"More than sure. I want to have a future with you. You're my future, in sha Allah. And wait one more thing."

She brought out the piece of paper in her arms and gave it to him. He collected with a rose brow.

He opened it still confused and as he read, his lips broke into a smile.

He stopped and looked at her. "Stop shitting me?!" He asked, his face carrying the biggest smile She've seen only a handful of times.

"I'm not kidding, Maan. We're going to be parents!" She said with a teary smile.

"Oh my God!" He said and pulled her into a hug. He carried her and twirled them as she giggled.

He finally put her down and kiss her on the nose, eyes, eyebrows, lips, and everywhere on her face, making her giggle.

"Alhamdulilah. When...how?" He asked confusedly.

*Flashback*

"Oh my, are you okay? " a worried Amina ran to Feena and helped her up.

Feena noded. "Yeah, I'm okay." She said with a smile. "I must've stood up too fast."

"You don't look fine. Sit down, I'll get you a glass of water." Her sister in law said and helped her seat on the sofa before disappearing and coming back with a glass of water as promised.