Chapter twenty eight: Birthday mate?

Two months later, a week after her 22nd birthday, today is Kiki's baby's naming ceremony.

That's right! Kiki had her baby on the same day as Feena's birthday. On her birthday, Salman took her out to a nice restaurant to eat and then went to a sip and paint thingy- which she enjoyed because she likes painting.

She's getting more comfortable with him than she would hate to agree. In those two months, whenever she comes to work, he would be her driver. She didn't ask him, he offered it and insisted when she said no.

He also goes to work and still finds time to pick her up after her work and he was never once late.
Sometimes she'll come back from a meeting and find him dozing off on the sofa in her office.

Unconsciously, She started opening more and more to him without even noticing. She thought after the wedding, that would be it but nope, Salman said he's not losing her again, whatever that meant.

So on that faithful Wednesday, he took her to a restaurant. She wore an ash Abaya that her mom bought her. She wore minimal makeup on her face. He complimented her as soon as he saw her like he always did.

"What do you wanna eat love?." He asked in his British accent when they were handed the menu. It was a Lebanese restaurant in Abuja; the pasha. Abuja. He said this was his first time also trying so Feena asked the waiter for his recommendation.

They conversed as they wait for their food. The food eventually came and the food was amazing. It was a nice evening overall.

He took her home around 7:30 pm, after the sip and paint activity. By home, she meant Yusuf's house. Salman have already met Yusuf in one of his comings and they even went to the mosque together. Yusuf told his wife he gave Salman his blessings but they didn't tell Feena ofcos.

Kiki always subtly asked if they were dating and Feena would always say no because they weren't "we're just good friends." She would always say.

When he took her home, they stayed in the car and gisted. He handed her a paper bag and said it was a gift from his mom. She appreciated it a lot and even ask when he would take her to greet and thank her properly.

Just before she exited the car, she heard him call her. She turned to look at him. He opened his hand to her and she placed hers inside without thinking twice. He brought her hand to his lips and placed a small peck there. "Happy birthday, lion."

He called her lion because he said a lion symbolizes bravery, hard work, strength, and courage and not to mention a lion is gorgeous, and she has all the things he mentioned and more. lion is also short for dandelions, his favorite flowers.

If only he knew the irony of that name.

This was the first time they officially touched, well minus that 'accident' peck at Tahira's wedding. Speaking of Tahira, Salman told her they were on their honeymoon.

She would never admit it, but she felt butterflies in her tummy when his soft lips touched the back of her hand. She smiled at him and murmured a "thank you." Before coming off the car.

She waved and watched him drive away. She entered the house with a smile still playing on her lips. Kiki was seated down using her phone. She's been complaining that she can't wait for the baby to pop.

"Why are you all smiley." She asked when Kiki entered. "Is it Salman?"

Feena rolled her eyes. "No." She curtly said.
"What's in your hand? Tsaraba ne?" Her pregnant friend asked raising her neck in amebo.

"Nope. Salman's mother sent me a gift, how nice of them right?" She asked as she sat down near kiki to open the gift.

"Yeah. Very nice." Kiki said with sarcasm laced in her tone.