Chapter thirty nine: Is the past repeating itself?

"No. Animation is not the same as anime."

"I'm seeing words coming out of your lips, but I'm not understanding any of them." Salman said with a puzzled expression on his face.

She was forcing him to watch the new animation that she heard came out, Encanto. They were watching it on a website on her MacBook as it's not yet on Netflix. They were outside in the gazebo with a bowl of homemade popcorn that Feena made for them.

"Okay, you know Moana? The one we watched last week?" She asked and he nodded. "Okay, that one, together with this one we're watching, miraculous, boss baby, Shrek, Luca, Raya and the last dragon, Elena of avalor, Sofia the first, etc; those are created to look as close to humans as possible; those are animations, they're more realistically looking." She explained as if she was explaining something to Zee Zee and he nodded attentively.

"Anime, on the other hand, are those spiky cartoons like them Naruto, death note, demon slayer, Kuroko no basketball, Attack on Titan, etc. while the normal cartoon is just like tom and Jerry, Scooby-Doo, breadwinners, total drama, teen titans, loud house and the rest... Ka gane yanzu?"

"Makes sense I guess. They're all cartoon sha." He shrugged.

"Ofcos." She waved nonchalantly and took a handful of popcorn. "We're watching Raya and the last dragon next; I've already watched it since but it's too good for you not to watch and I don't mind rewatching it again." She spoke with her mouthful of popcorn.

"Only you can make me watch this shit." Salman said with a snicker. He was right, only Feena could make him watch something as useless as tv or even cartoon for that matter. But he didn't mind watching it with her... he loves how innocent she looks when she watches them. The woman would legit scroll through channels and settle on a channel showing The fairly odd parents. She enjoys watching tv or just series in general... the total opposite of Salman, he legit cannot remember the last time he watched tv before he met her. He was always too serious and it was just a "waste of time."

The only time you would catch Salman watching tv was if he was watching his basketball games or on special occasions which don't occur often.

But Feena got him asking for updates on what happened on Gangaa yesterday.

Oh, what love can make you do.

She pressed play on the movie and they soon finished watching it since they were already halfway through. "Well... did you like it?" She asked excitedly.

"I mean yeah, it's not that bad."

"It was good. I loved the songs involved... I'm adding them to my Apple Music."

"Yeah, the songs were nice. And the lessons behind this movie is great... some parents need to back off on their children like the expectation to be perfect is too much. Our parents need to do better, to be honest."

Feena nodded in agreement.

They discussed the pressure that some parents put on their children and the disadvantages and effects it has on those kids.

"This stuff is not talked about a lot, it's sad." Feena said with a sigh.

After they finished Raya and the last dragon, it was already dark so they packed up and went inside.

On their way inside, they walked as they talked. "Ehen Maan, you know the gold photography right? Wai they want us to model for them. They saw our wedding pictures and have been bugging me ever since. What do you say?" She asked as they stepped into the quiet house.

"What do you think? Should we do it?" He asked as he placed her MacBook on the center table.

She plopped on the sofa and he sat on the one next one her. She shrugged. "I don't mind it if you're down. Daman we didn't do pre-wedding pictures so it can serve as that."