First Date

Erik

"Stop all of that fucking shaking and eat your fucking sandwich," I quietly growled at Jezebel from across the table. She hiccupped while tears streamed down her face, and I quickly forgot my anger.

She's cute when she cries.

"P-please...can you let me go?" she begged as the shivering continued.

My fingers drummed against the tabletop and my legs furiously bounced underneath it. I was becoming frustrated with Jezebel's lack of gratitude. We were on our first date, and it seemed she wanted to be anywhere but with me.

"Why would you ask me that? You would enjoy yourself if you loosened up," I callously said.

"Y-y-you kidnapped me," she pitifully moaned. My eyes darted around to make sure that no one overheard her. Everyone seemed to be minding their business as they fucking should. Pausing to consider my actions, I could see how one might construe my behaviors as such.

"Give me a break, Squeak. You're not a child; therefore, you can't be kidnapped. The word you're looking for is abducted."

A Few Hours Ago

"Oh? And Jezebel?" I called out before she ran away.

"Y-yes?" she adorably asked.

"I loved the dinner scene when Celie cursed Albert. What did she say again? Until you do right by me, everything you even think about is going to fail."

Jezebel's eyes widened in disbelief. I was a little offended, to be honest. Knowledge was power, and to limit oneself was ignorant.

My eyes stayed trained on Tucker's, and I wasn't surprised when they followed Jezebel back to the circulation desk. It sickened me. His eyes were swimming with lust as he watched the gentle pendulum sway of her rounded hips that she attempted to hide under those childish dresses.

Correction...someone tries to hide them because no sane teenage girl would volunteer to dress like a cast member from The Little House on the Prairie.

"You might as well give up now, Tucker," I said, snatching his attention from Jezebel's child-bearing hips. "How many years of bullying did you put Jezebel through because you were a pussy and couldn't admit your feelings for her?"

Tucker's Adam's apple bobbed when he noisily gulped at my accurate accusation.

"I-"

"Shut the fuck up because the only thing that will come out of your mouth is lies," I accused, not leaving any room for argument. "You sicken me because you used your popularity and influence against her because you didn't want anyone to have her. Congratulations, Tucker...it worked...until now. Because what you hadn't banked on was me; someone with eyes that could see and a mind of his own to think. And you're so fucking predictable. I put a little pressure on you, and you come running in here, giving her veiled compliments and trying to engage her in conversation. The fuck do you think is going to happen, Tucker?"

I paused to give him a chance to answer, but like a bitch, he remained silent.

"Do you really think that after years of emotional abuse that you can show her a little bit of attention and have her running into your arms? Jezebel might be pathetic, but she's not desperate. It's not going to happen for you, Tucker, and I'm going to make sure of that. The only name that Jezebel Holmes will be whispering from her lips is Erik King."

I snatched the book out of his hand and returned it to its rightful place on the shelf.

"Sorry, but let's not pretend an asshole driving around in a pickup truck with an "It's okay to be White" bumper sticker can appreciate the complexity of the characters and empathize with their struggles. Mein Kampf seems more fitting, but I doubt you'll find a copy in this library."