CHAPTER ELEVEN

On that day I lost Nora, I couldn't save her, I was there but I couldn't. The party was changed into mourning, and as he turned back I stood like a pillar, I felt like my heartbeat stopped and still, I can't believe that Nora fell and slowly I tried to force my bare feet to move forward and look at Nora.

I can't hear and I can't understand and then I pushed myself towards and saw that the little beautiful Nora was covered in blood and her eyes were looking at me and her breaths were short and her tongue was coming out, it looks like she wants to live.

I took myself up, ran downstairs and called the ambulance and we took Nora to the hospital.

My mother asked about Nora, "I said she was out of danger, but she had to use a wheelchair"

After a day the doctor said they will discharge Nora in a week. Later, I went to call the police to complain about my mother's nasty husband but my mother stopped me and she slapped my face and said Nora was in this condition because of me.

She said because of me her nasty husband pushed her. Then I asked what I had done to her nasty husband. She said that I made him angry so he pushed Nora from the balcony.

When I listen to my mother's words it breaks me. It was like her one daughter was fighting inside between life and death and she is still defending her nasty husband by blaming her other daughter. Firstly, I thought she was in pain, so I kept quiet for a week.

When the discharge was given to Nora. She was in great pain. I touched her hair and smelled it. Her hands and legs can't move and she said only one name "Mawa" and my mother thought Nora was also blaming me.

Then I stopped defending myself and I hugged Nora tightly and said "I will come back" my darling and I ran from the hospital. I was wet in the rain and my eyes were full of tears. I don't know where I live.

I was tired of running so I sat on the footpath and trembled due to my wet clothes. An old man came and he gave me a hot coffee and took me to his shop. Then he gave me some money but I refused to take it.

And he asked me where my parents and family were. I said I am an orphan. Then he moved to the other customers for an order. Then I thanked him and left the shop

I was sitting and thinking about Nora and My mother. How are they doing without me? What if he again harms Nora? But I thought this time I will not go to my mother.

I will become something and gain power then I will show him. It was very cold outside on the road and my clothes were also getting wet due to the rain.

The wind was hitting hard and I was trembling again because of my wet clothes. But I had no reason to go to that house, and no one wanted me to stay.

After some hours, it became dark, and everyone closed their shops and I was sitting hungry on the street.

My tears froze, my eyes were swollen, and my hands were cold but my heart had a fire and my soul burned in that fire as time passed.

The man who gave me coffee was leaving the shop, and he noticed I was trembling again. So he requested me to live in his house.

An old man with white hair and a beard on his face was tall and looked like a gentleman. He came near and requested to live with his family but I refused because he is a man and also I can't trust a stranger. I thought that I should go with him if I felt weird. I will abandon his place.

On the way, he gave me his jacket. but I refused to put up with it because I felt strange. But he said that I would become satisfied if I moved to his home.

I don't know why he said this but I can't be satisfied with a man. I respect him because he was an old man and looked like a gentleman with the way he talked.

His clothes were not good but it was okay, his shoes were torn apart, again he asked about my family, I said I am an orphan. But he refuses to accept that I am an orphan.

Then he said I can tell him the truth when I am comfortable, I was shocked because he knows that I am hiding my identity from him but also he was allowing me to enter his home.

He doesn't force me to say anything about my life. Because I was not used to good and nice behaviour, especially with a man. Thus, I thought I could believe the old man.

We walked for half an hour then I thought to ask the name of the old man. He said I would know him when I went to his home.

Some of the words of the old man make me doubt full, sometimes he talks like a mysterious person and sometimes he talks like he is an open book.

However, with his conversation, it seemed like he was a good man, and then he moved to the forest. I was hesitant to move forward with my step, but I had no other option, so I moved with him straight.

After passing the river finally, I found his home.