Chapter 31

Heaven! I felt like I was in heaven.

His lips were everything I had ever imagined. Warm, soft, addicting.
It took all I had in me not to kiss him. I tried my best to just stand there and not touch him or kiss him back.

When he noticed how determined I was not to kiss him back, he placed his hand on my waist and pinched me.

I gasped. He took that as opportunity and slipped his tongue into my mouth. And that was what it took to crush my determination into pieces.

I wrapped my hands around his neck, pulling him closer and he pulled me by my waist.

His tongue roamed around every nook and corner of my mouth.
He lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. He placed me on a dressing table all while not breaking our kiss.

It then came to me. Nevaeh!

I pushed him away, despite my desires. I was out of breath and my heart was literally banging in my chest.

That was the best kiss of my life. However, it was not supposed to be. He wasn’t mine and I just caused him to cheat on an innocent woman.

Despite how amazing that kiss was, I felt awful. Adrian tried to come closer but I pushed him away again.

He seemed confused. “What’s wrong?”
I shook my head, trying to clear all thoughts in my head telling me to keep kissing him.

“We can’t do this. You and me…” I was still out of breath.

He furrowed his brows. “What do you mean? I thought you love me?”

“Like.” I corrected as I hopped off the dressing table and dusted.

He gave me a look. “Still, if you do, why are you resisting me?”

“Cause this…” I said, pointing at him and then at me. “Isn’t right!”

“Why not? You like me, right?”

“So what? It doesn’t mean that us kissing is right.”

He sighed then ran his hands through his hair. “Okay, listen, because I am only going to say this once. I was actually going to wait for a couple more chapters but…”

“Couple more chapters?”

He waved his hand, shrugging it off. “But, I just couldn’t wait any longer. I am not good at this romance thing. I’ve never been in love before and I’m definitely not good at the epic speech thing.”

“What?” I was confused. What is he trying to say?

“What I am trying to say, is that, I’m not going to ignore your feelings towards me like I used to. I feel honoured that you like me and I’m ready to acknowledge your feelings.”

“Acknowledge my feelings? What the heck are you talking about?”

He pulled on his hair and sighed. This was about the fourth time he sighed in a minute. No, I was not counting.
I knew what he meant with his awkward speech, but I played dumb just because it was the easiest thing to do. He had a girlfriend and I did not want to be the reason for their breakup. I wasn’t that heartless.

“I’m trying to say is that, since you’ve been around me, I smile a lot more than I have in all my life. You make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.”

Okay, this is getting serious. I have to make him stop. I need to make him stop, but for some reason, when I opened my mouth, I ended up saying, “I don’t get you. Can’t you be direct?”

“Argh! Fine. I have feelings for you. I like you. That’s what I’ve been trying to say. I didn’t mean to make it sound so awkward. It’s just… Damn, this isn’t how I imagined it to be.”

At this point, his hair was already so rough, as he kept running his hands through it. He suddenly grabbed me and pulled me into a hug.

I really need to add weight. Why was it so easy for him to pull me?

His body was so warm and he smelt so good, but it wasn’t right. I tried to pull away but he held me in place.

“Nevaeh.” I whispered against his chest. His broad chest.

“What about her?” I tried to pull away again and this time, he let me go.

“I know you guys are in a relationship. This isn’t fair to her.”

“Hold up, why do you think we’re in a relationship?”

“Because you are!”

He gave me a look. “Or am I wrong?”
“Yes, we’re not in a relationship. She doesn’t even like guys?”

I gasped. “She’s a lesbian?”

He nodded. “Whoa! She doesn’t look lesbian.”

“Is there a particular way lesbians should look?”

“No.” I shook my head frantically. “That was so wrong of me to say.”

He nodded. “I can’t believe you thought we’re dating.”

“Well, anyone that saw you guys that time would have thought so too.”

“What time?”

“That night. In your room.”

“Oh! That was nothing.”

I rolled my eyes. How could he call that nothing?

“I saw that.” He said and once again, he pulled me into his arms.

“I don’t like Nevaeh, okay? She’s just my best friend.”

I meekly nodded against his chest. To say I was relieved would be an understatement.

He cupped my cheeks and pulled me into another leg-weakening kiss, but not before saying,

“It’s you I like.”