Chapter 7

Oh My Gosh! I cannot believe I just did that. I mean, that was the most badass thing I have ever done when it comes to Adrian.

I ignored him. I freaking ignored him and I feel totally great about myself. Maybe those tips were not such a bad idea.

I was about to mentally give myself a high-five, when I heard him call my name.

That was not supposed to happen.

Yes, He was supposed to feel bad. I wanted him to spend hours and days regretting his choice of words.
And even if he was to face me, to probably apologise, I did not think it‘d be now!

I realized I had stopped and was about to walk away but then I remembered the second tip.

Show confidence!

So, instead of cowering, I turned around to face him, making sure to flip my hair in the process.

“What is it?” I tried to keep my expression as neutral as possible, trying to show him that he had no effect on me, even if he did.

He rubbed the back of his head nervously. My eyes softened and I almost smiled because in that moment he looked so cute.

But then again, I remembered another tip

Do not swoon over him.

So, I hardened my expression even though my heart desperately desired to just ruffle his hair.

“Um… I’m sorry. Last night, I said some things I should not have said. I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings…”

“But you did!” I cut him short. “You did hurt my feelings. However, I do not blame you. It is my fault for being so obvious about my feelings for you. Thankfully, though, your words brought me back to my senses. And I’m grateful for that and at least I’m not pathetic anymore.”

He shut his eyes. I could tell this was not how he wanted the conversation to go. But the thing was that even if I have forgiven him, I have to show confidence, act tough and make him know that he cannot be messing with a girl like me.

“I’m really sorry, Natasha. I was in a bad mood and I know that’s not a good excuse…”

“It’s not even close.” I cut him short again.

He sighed. My heart started to soften at the sadness and regret in his eyes. I became afraid that my façade might fail, if I do not get the hell out of here.

“Okay, listen. I get that you were in a bad mood but no matter what you are going through, you should never use that as an excuse to hurt others. Now, with that being said, I got to go.”
I turned around and started to walk away. “Wait!” he called out. “Does that mean you forgive me?”

I thought about it for a second and left, but not before saying.

“Maybe.”

.
.
.

Monday morning. Another day of work.

As always, my alarm rang by six on the dot but I did not get up until after about ten minutes. I was not a morning person.

I took a bath, a cold one to wake me up completely, brushed my pearls while dancing in front of the mirror, washed my hair, before coming out with a bathrobe on and a towel on my hair.

As I was trying to decide whether to wear a baby pink blouse or a navy blue one, I heard a knock on the door.

Assuming it was my best friend, I shouted, “Just come in. I don’t get why you still knock.”

I still kept admiring both blouses in front of the mirror, when I heard the door open.

“Okay, which of these two do you think I should wear today?”

I turned around to face her but I was shocked when I met her brother.

“Um… is this a bad time?” He seemed confused on whether he should leave or not.

I pulled the bathrobe tighter around myself. “What can I help you with?”

“Um… I have to dress formally for my first day as the CEO of Brooke’s Enterprise.”

“And?”

His ears grew pink. “I don’t know how to knot a tie.”

I burst out laughing. He became even more embarrassed. “It isn’t funny.”

“Yes, it is.” I thought all men are supposed to know how to knot ties.

“Well, I don’t. Do you know how to?”

“Um… I can try. I’ve seen my mum knot ties for my dad so many times.”

I went closer to him and started to knot the tie. We have never been this close before. He still smelt like sandalwood. I could not get enough of it.

His blue eyes were on me and our gazes locked. We haven’t held gazes this long before.

I cleared my throat, trying to snap out of it as I continued to knot his tie.
“So, why didn’t you ask your sister to help you out?’

“I did but she threw a pillow at me when I walked into her room and asked me to meet you.”

I chuckled and our eyes met again. “Um… I’m done!” I took a step back, to calm myself.

“Thanks.” He smiled at me. My heart skipped a beat at his action.

His smile remained as he turned around and walked to the door. Instead of opening it and leaving, however, he faced me.

“I think the pink one would look better on you.” He then smiled at me again and a tiny smile danced on my lips as well.

I remembered another tip. Do not be easy to please but show appreciation when he makes an effort.

“Adrian!” He hummed in response. “I forgive you.”