Chapter 42: Maturing

Start from the beginning

"Hopefully, I can do that for my mate." 

"True. I am guessing they want you to mate a female?" 

"They want a female alpha or a male or female omega which is fine with me because I'm attracted to male omegas." Hoseok answers and finishes his beer.

"Have you thought about Yoojun? He's really smart, kind, brave, and pretty." Yoongi suggests as they walk back into the Pack Alpha's home with his friend.

"Yeah, he's the first on my list." Hoseok answers truthfully.

"What are you two walking about?" Taehyung asks when the two older alphas walk back into the room.

"Hobi has to pick a mate." Yoongi answers and grabs a tangerine.

Taehyung looks at Hoseok in surprise then drags Hoseok back to the balcony.

"You and Yoongi like to drag me around." Hoseok chuckles as Taehyung shuts the door.

"Did you tell him how you feel?" Taehyung asks after shutting the doors.

"No." Hoseok mutters and grabs a cigarette he stole from his father's office.

"He still can't see it." Taehyung shakes his head and sighs.

"At moments, Kim Yoongi has to be the densest person I have met." Hoseok chuckles and blows smoke into the cold air.

"Tell me about it." Taehyung laughs then looks off into the distance where the forest starts.

"I heard that things are starting to settle down in that pack. He still has several alphas to put in their place, but he's strong." Hoseok tells Taehyung as the younger alpha stares at the forest.

"I trust him." Taehyung hums and turns his attention back to his friend.

"Yoongi suggested that I mate Yoojun." Hoseok sighs and watches as smoke dances off of the tip of the cigarette.

"He would make a good Luna, and he has feelings for you." Taehyung nods in agreement.

"I'll ask my father to talk to his family." Hoseok mumbles and takes a deep breath of smoke then blows it into the wintry air.

For the next several days, Hoseok is busy courting his future Luna. To his surprise, he is very understanding.

"I know that this is arranged because you have to find a mate. I hope that we can start our relationship as friends. I understand that not every couple is based off of love. Not all of us are as blessed as the Kims. I hope that overtime we will love each other, but I know that may never happen." The omega smiles as they drink coffee in a cozy cafe and watch the snow fall.

"Thank you. I also hope that our bond will grow. The Kims certainly became lucky after endless pain and hardship." Hoseok hums in agreement.

"I had a crush on you in high school, so I am sure that it won't be difficult for me to develop feelings." He quietly mutters and avoids Hoseok's gaze. 

Hoseok softly smiles at the sweet omega and decides in that moment to let go of Kim Yoongi. The omega in front of him does not deserve to get hurt.

"So, what do you want to do today? It's snowing, so do you want to watch a movie?" Hoseok asks and takes a sip of his hot cocoa.

"Movie? Sure! I'd like to watch a movie with you." Yoojun smiles in excitement then blushes when he realizes that he got more excited than he meant to.

"You don't have to hide your emotions. I want to get to know you." Hoseok softly smiles at the blushing omega.