The One With The Birthday Party

Start from the beginning

"I'll be in the living room," Tyler stated before he reminded the Gilbert girl, "just look for me if the party gets too much for you."

Emily shot the Lockwood werewolf a thankful smile. "Thank you," the Radkova witch murmured as she gave Tyler's hand a light squeeze.

Emily was honestly really thankful to know Tyler would have her back all night. The Gilbert girl knew she might have some issues relaxing when her mind was constantly in overdrive with worrying for her boyfriend, so Emily was glad to know Tyler would be ready for an escape plan when the party got too crazy for her.

The Radkova witch waited until Tyler closed the door behind him before Emily turned around and put all of her attention onto her aunt. Emily rose an eyebrow when she finally noticed the two boxes in her aunt's hands -- a small one and a medium sized one.

"What's that?" Emily curiously asked as she pointed towards the two boxes.

"It's just a little something something for you," Jenna murmured with a wide grin spread across her lips.

The Gilbert girl couldn't help but smile brightly back at her aunt. Emily wasn't exactly in the mood to celebrate with a birthday party when her life wasn't exactly where she wished it was with Stefan not by her side. However, birthday presents was certainly one way to boost up Emily's spirits.

"Ooh!" Emily cooed in excitement as she rubbed her palms together. "What did you get me?" The Gilbert girl asked her aunt.

Jenna softly chuckled at her niece's child-like happiness. "Take a look for yourself," the Sommers vampire murmured before she handed Emily the larger of the two boxes.

"Don't have to tell me twice," Emily uttered with a playful grin as she accepted the box from her aunt. The Gilbert girl place the purple and pink stripped box on her bed before Emily slowly raised the lid off.

Emily removed the top layer of wrapping paper out of the way before she found a piece of clothing inside. The Radkova witch lifted it up from the box before Emily found a deep green silk dress. "Oh, wow," Emily gasped as she gazed down at the knee length dress.

"Do you like it?" The Sommers woman nervously asked. "I wanted to get you and Elena something similar but I know you guys like different things, so I tried to match the dresses as much as I could," Jenna rambled at super speed.

Emily giggled when she noticed that her aunt was worried she wouldn't like her gift. "It's beautiful," the Gilbert girl assured her aunt before she added as she shot the Sommers vampire a soft smile, "and I'm sure it matches perfectly with Lena's dress."

A wide smile immediately pulled on Jenna's lips. "Oh, I'm so glad you like it!" The Sommers vampire cheered before Jenna used her enhanced speed to pull Emily into a tight embrace.

"Oof!" The Radkova witch gasped in surprise as she wasn't expecting her aunt's hug to be so quickly and so powerful. "I may be a witch but I don't have super strength," Emily reminded the Sommers vampire with a grunt.

"Oh, right!" Jenna gasped as she swiftly released her niece from her tight embrace. "I'm so sorry!" The Sommers vampire hurriedly apologized.

The Radkova witch softly chuckled in amusement. "It's okay," Emily assured her aunt with a light wave of her hand. Emily figured her aunt was still trying to get control of her strength but she didn't mind. Emily had gone through way worse in the past from vampires than just a tight hug.

Jenna released a breath of relief as she glad that she didn't hurt her niece. The Sommers vampire quickly focused back on the gift that Emily was holding. "Now, go put your dress on!" Jenna ordered as she clapped her hands together. "You have a party full of people to impress!" Jenna exclaimed with a grin.