Summer - Sarah Cameron [2]

Summer. Everyone loves summer. Except for Y/n. She hates summer. Even though she's a kook, she's never had a good summer. All her friends have had amazing summer flings, but Y/n's never even had a real relationship. Right now, Y/n is having a pool party. All of her friends are over, even the pogues.

"Y/n, why do you look so sad?" Sarah asks as she sits next to Y/n, feet dangling in the pool. Y/n chuckles and takes a sip of her beer.

"I'm not sad. I just hate summer." Y/n shrugs making Sarah's eyes widen. "What?"

"You don't like summer?" Sarah asks making Y/n nod. "Why do you hate summer? How could you hate summer? You better tell me what's going on."

Y/n chuckles. "Everyone else has the perfect summer. The perfect body, the perfect fling, the perfect everything. All I get is movies and a pool party which I can't even take my shirt off for because all the boys will make fun of me." Y/n explains.

Sarah just looks at her for a minute. "Look, just forget about it, ok?" Y/n asks as she stands up and walks in the house. She walks upstairs to her bedroom and lays on her bed.

"Y/n." Someone says from the door. Y/n turns her head to see Sarah standing in the doorway. She comes into the room and closes the door behind her. Y/n sits up and Sarah comes to sit next to her. "I'm sorry."

"About what?"

"I didn't know how you felt." Sarah says softly. Y/n just shakes her head and Sarah holds her hand. Y/n turns her head to look at Sarah. They stay there for a few moments just looking at each other. Then, they both lean in and kiss.

When they part, they both chuckle. "Do you like summer now?" Sarah asks.