Love? - Eleven Hopper [3]

"Thank you," Eleven says as she gets into the sleeping bag next to my bed.

"No problem. I have to help out my girlfriend, right?" I say making El smile widely.

"Girlfriend, is that love?" El asks making me nod.

"Well, some couples, like my mom and her boyfriend, they love each other but us, we've never said I love you," I say making El look at me confused. "El, you do know what love is right?"

"No," El says shaking her head. I pat the spot on the bed next to me signalling that she should sit. She stands up and sits next to me looking quite scared and confused.

"El, love isn't something that happens every day. Love is something that comes around once in a lifetime." I say making El smile.

"Love?" El asks again making me nod.

"Yes, El, love. It's like how Hopper loves you or how my older brother loves me." I say making El hold my hands.

"I love Y/n," El says making me smile.

"I love Eleven," I say making El smile. We hear a sob from the door and look up to see my older brother Steve. "Steve get out!"

I throw a pillow at him and he runs away laughing. I look back at El who is also laughing. We lean in and share a kiss on the lips. I can tell that I am going to stay with her forever.