our last summer - Max Mayfield [4]

I can still recall, our last summer,

"Max! Come on!" Y/n squeals as she runs over to the lake, Max trailing behind her. Max laughs as Y/n reaches the edge of the lake and puts her bag on the ground. She takes off her shorts and orange, Hawaiian, button leaving her only in her bathing suit.

Y/n goes into the lake and begins to swim around. "Come on Max! The water's great!" Y/n laughs making Max smile. Max takes her shorts off leaving her in her bathing suit and gets in with Y/n. "It's so nice isn't it!"

"It is nice." Max smiles before kissing Y/n's cheek.

I still see it all,

Max and Y/n hold hands as they walk with their friends through Starcourt Mall. They walk into Scoops Ahoy and ring the bell. "Hey Dingus your children are here!" Robin calls for Steve. Soon the glass opening to the back opens to reveal Steve.

"Again? Seriously?" Steve asks making Mike ring the bell another time.

"I swear if anybody hears about this-"

"We're dead!" All the kids say in unison as they walk through the secretish halls to the movie theatre.

Walks along the seine,

"Come on, seriously?" Max laughs as she and Y/n walk along the river.

"Yes! I think that you can never go wrong with french fries and a milkshake mixed together!" Y/n exclaims making Max laugh.

"Really? That's kinda gross." Max chuckles.

"It is not gross! It's delicious!" Y/n laughs making Max laugh too.

Laughing in the rain,

"Holy shit it's raining." Y/n says as she looks out her bedroom window as Max lays on her bed.

"It's summer." Max says as she gets up and stands next to Y/n. 

Y/n smiles and grabs Max's hand leading her outside the house and into the street. "What're we doing?" Max laughs.

"It's raining and it's summer." Y/n laughs making Max laugh too.

"Oh my god, I love you." Max laughs as she hugs Y/n.

"I love you too." Y/n replies.

Our last summer,

"Y/n!" Max cries as she sees Y/n laying dead on the floor. 

"Mike! Nancy!" Will shouts as Max runs over to Y/n. Nancy and Mike look over to see Y/n and immediately, Mike's heart drops into his stomach. Both Nancy and Mike run over to Y/n as Max holds her.

"No, please come back." Max sobs. Tears fall down Nancy's cheeks and Mike feels like crying but he can't. He just lost his twin sister and he can't even cry about it.

Memories that remain

Dear Y/n,

There are so many things I wish I could've told you. So many things I didn't get to say. I remember when we were in eighth grade, we made a promise that I thought we would never have to continue. The promise was that if one of us dies we have to continue writing letters to each other about life.

Well, Eleven, Will and Jonathan moved to California. I've been seeing the counselor after both you and Billy died. Mom and Billy's dad got divorced so now we're living in a trailer park. I also keep making mixtapes for you. I put them in a box and under your bed in your bedroom. Only Nancy knows that they're there.

Mike has been pretty upset since you died. He keeps saying how he wishes you were at school with us and how he wishes you could've met Eddie. He thinks you'll like him. Honestly, I agree with him. I wish you were here with me. You could've met so many people and done so many things.

Bottom line is, I miss you, so much. And I love you.

Love, Max