1 | A normal day

"Hmm hmm!" Komaeda hummed happily as he skipped through the store. "Oh, this one's cool, isn't it?" He pointed at a red tie with a bunch of tomatoes on it.

"I don't know if 'cool' is the right word, but it definitely is... something,"

Komaeda grinned and took it. "Well, luckily you're my bodyguard and not my financial advisor, because I'm buying it." He snatched the tie and put it in the basket Hinata was holding.

"Hm-hm-hm!" He continued to hum the melody as he walked towards the register. They paid and left after that. Komaeda grabbed the tie and handed it to Hinata.

"Huh?"

"It's for you! I think it'll fit really well!"

"How so?"

"Your eyes! One's green and one's red! The tomatoes are red and their leaves are green!" He explained with a smile on his face.

Hinata sighed. "I see." He took it. "I'll wear it tomorrow,"

"Wha- really?!" Komaeda gasped. "I thought for sure you'd say no,"

"My job is to make sure you don't get hurt. Having your feelings hurt counts too,"

Komaeda smiled. "I wanna go home now!" He began walking. Hinata followed right behind him.

A few minutes later they arrived at Komaeda's place. He opened the door and walked inside.

"Daaad, I'm home!" He called out.

"Welcome back," His father said, walking towards the door. He was quickly putting on his jacket. "I've got an important meeting to attend and I don't know when I'll be back. Take care of him, okay, Hinata-san?"

"Of course,"

"Hey, he's not my babysitter, you know-" his dad closed the door. Komaeda let out a sigh. "Whatever, I've got homework to do." He began walking up the stairs. Hinata followed him. As Komaeda did his homework, Hinata watched. It took Komaeda about half an hour to finish it all.

"Do you not go to school?" He asked.

"I don't, I've already finished it,"

"Eh? Aren't we the same age?"

Hinata shook his head. "I'm a year older than you. I've already graduated,"

"Oh, I see. I didn't even know that, haha!" He giggled and closed his textbook. "Anyways, I'm tired. Do you mind if I take a nap?"

"I do, actually. If you sleep now, you won't be able to fall asleep tonight,"

"But I'm sleepy!"

"I know. Let's find something to distract you with, alright?"

"Ugh... I don't wanna..." He yawned.

"How about swimming?"

"No! I hate swimming!"

"Watching a movie?"

"I'll fall asleep!"

"Hm, jogging?"

"I'm bad at sports,"

"A puzzle?"

"I don't have any puzzles,"

"How about just hanging out with your friends?"

Komaeda rolled his eyes. "As if someone like me has any friends. You're silly, Hinata-kun,"

"If you say not to all my suggestions, I'll have to take matters into my own hands. And by 'matters' I mean you,"

"Huh?"

He picked Komaeda up and carried him downstairs. "Let me down! Let me down right now or else I'll tell my fa-" Hinata gently set him down.

"Put on your shoes, we're going for a walk,"

Komaeda sighed and did as he was told. They then left the house. Komaeda seemed really unmotivated, but he didn't complain. After twenty minutes, they arrived at a park. Both of them sat down and watched a few children play on a playground.

A boy from Komaeda's school sat down next to him. Komaeda didn't like him. He would always insult and make fun of him.

"Hey, Komaeda,"

"Hi..."

"What are you doing here? Just stalking some kids?"

"Nope." He folded one leg over the other. "I just wanted to go for a walk and decided to take a break,"

The guy chuckled. "I see, I see. By the way, would you mind giving me the answers to our math homework?"

"I would, yes,"

"It was kinda a demand rather than a request though, soo..."

Hinata looked at the guy. "And just who are you to demand anything from him?"

"Man, shut the fuck up,"

Hinata stood up and walked in front of him. Due to his training, he was bigger and more muscular than the other boy. "That's no way to talk to anyone,"

"Ugh... wh-whatever..." He quickly walked away.

Komaeda sighed. "I'm really tired. I'll fall asleep any second now..."

"Then rest. I can carry you home,"

Komaeda wanted to argue about it being embarrassing, but he fell asleep in a matter of seconds.

He was woken up by Hinata the next morning. Komaeda tiredly got into his school uniform and sat down for breakfast. He was about to take a bite when Hinata stopped him.

"It's still hot." He placed a cup of chocolate milk next to Komaeda's plate. Ever since he was a little kid, he'd drink chocolate milk in the morning to pretend it was coffee. He was old enough for coffee now, but really didn't like the taste of it. After breakfast, he put on his shoes and began walking to school. Hinata came with him, as always. Once they arrived at the gate, Komaeda waved at him.

"See you later,"

"Actually, your father talked to your headmaster. I'm going to spend the whole school day with you,"

"Eh? But... won't people give us weird looks? You're not even a student,"

"That doesn't matter. I'm here to protect you, not to get popular. Let's go."

The first few lessons were fine, but during lunch break, everyone saw Hinata following Komaeda around. They kept pointing and whispering. Komaeda didn't want rumors to be spread about him. He didn't even know why everyone cared so much.