"You look stunning." Lando breathed and Emilia couldn't help but smile. She leaned in and kissed him slowly as with a busy end to the season moments like that were sparse.

"I love you." Emilia whispered between kisses. 

"I love you too." Lando replied as he lifted Emilia onto her bed.

"Wait, not now." Emilia breathed. "We can have sex later, I'm hungry."

"Okay, are you ready to go then?"

"Yeah you just have a bit of lipstick on your lips." Emilia brushed her finger over Lando's lips. "Let me get you a makeup wipe unless you want to wear red lipstick."

"I'd prefer not to personally, thank you though." Lando smiled and Emilia got one from the pack on her dressing table and sat on Lando's lap wiping his lips.

"Come on let's go." Emilia offered Lando her hand which he took and she led him out the room.

The pair wandered for a while. They ended up at a food market. Strings of lights hung from stall to stall and lit the street creating a glow around the market. The aroma of food could be smelt from miles away as colourful assortments of tacos, burritos and other Mexican cuisine was cooking at the stalls. In the centre of the gaggle of food stands, a band drew people close to them who danced in the clearing. Emilia stopped to look around and take it all in.

"You hungry?" Lando asked bringing Emilia's attention back to him as he squeezed her hand. She nodded and the pair ordered some food from one of the stalls. They sat at a table in the area designated for people watching the live band. It was busy but the two of them managed to get a table. Emilia was used to busy but this was a different busy, not a stressful one, a lively one.

"What happened today?" Emilia questioned referring to his crash but not wanting to explicitly mention it.

"Wrong place wrong time. Now that I'm less angry, it was no one's fault." Lando shrugged.

"Did you hurt yourself badly? I know you said you were sore earlier." Emilia asked. Despite drivers walking away from their accidents, it left them sore and aching.

"No, I'm okay. Just sore still." Lando replied offering a reassuring smile as he squeezed Emilia's hand.

"I hate it when you crash." Emilia admitted.

"I hate it when you crash." Lando responded. The solution to the problem would be not to crash but unfortunately, that's what happens in racing.

"Thank you though, for telling me you were okay." Emilia smiled. She did appreciate the gesture of his thumbs up more than he could imagine.

"I thought you would be worried and I wanted you to be able to carry on with your race as you were amazing today. You literally flew through the field. The team are more concerned about you than George beating us the next few weeks."

"I'm telling George you said that." Emilia grinned shoving food into her mouth.

"I'm going to miss you on the grid next year. I don't know what we're going to do." Lando said. Emilia desperately wanted to tell him that not all hope was lost. That she may be able get a seat last minute but she promised Toto she wouldn't say anything so she didn't, especially when she was out in public.

"Well I'll come to the paddock still some weeks on reserve driver duties. And I'll come to your races when I can and you can come to mine when there's no F1. I expect you to be there for the whole twenty-four hours of Le Mans." Emilia replied trying to lighten the mood up. "We'll make it work. Toto and Susie do and they have Jack as well. That's not saying I want to add a baby into the mix, I don't, not yet at least."

"No not yet. How's your baby list coming along though?" Lando teased.

"How do you know about that?" Emilia frowned.

"Christine." Lando replied.

"Did she tell you what was on it?"

"No I was hoping you would share that with me."

"Well Alfred for a boy obviously but maybe Alfie for short rather than Fred. That name is just not up for debate." Emilia explained.

"No fair enough, I agree with you on that if our children take my surname."

"Only as long as I can take your surname as well." Emilia replied.

"Agreed."

"Okay then." Emilia smiled. "Just not yet." They didn't need to hurry into anything. Emilia was still young and had her whole life ahead of her.

"That's okay. I don't want to rush into anything either. We have time." Lando smiled. It felt different to Emilia – their relationship. There was so much more awareness for how each other feel and understanding that, not just jumping to conclusions and starting an argument. "Do you want to go and dance? I know you've been itching to since we got here."

"Only if you feel up to it." Emilia answered as Lando offered her an arm. He twirled her around and the two of them danced to the music in the big crowd. Emilia thought it was nice to feel normal. To forget about fame and attention; to be equal with everyone in the vicinity who were they to enjoy themselves as the two F1 drivers were.

Going into the early hours of the morning, the party died down, people left, the band stopped and Emilia and Lando decided that it was time to go back to the hotel. They hadn't intended to stay there so long time just flew because they were enjoying themselves.

"Stay with me tonight." Emilia requested.

"Of course I will." Lando replied pressing a kiss on Emilia's forehead. He had his arm wrapped around her waist as the two of them walked back to the hotel. "What are you thinking about?" Lando questioned seeing Emilia deep in thought.

"You." Emilia replied. She stayed silent for a moment before continuing. "I think today has shown me just I much I care about you and that I don't want you to crash. And I know that's just what happens in racing but I hate the fact that every time you get in the car I don't know if you're coming out. When you do crash, it's like I can't breathe."

"You just drive on auto-pilot. I know the feeling." Lando added acknowledging he knew what Emilia was on about.

"Yes exactly. It's just, it feels different this time, us. Everything I felt before we broke up has been intensified a hundred times and I'm just so worried and scared about you all the time." Emilia admitted.

"I know exactly what you mean." Lando smiled. "But I don't think it's a bad thing. I just think it means we're in love." Lando stopped walking and brushed Emilia's hair out her face then kissed her.

"I'm pretty sure we were in love the first time." Emilia responded her face inches away from Lando's.

"Yeah we were, but we're just being in love better this time." Lando shrugged and resumed walking. Emilia rolled her eyes.

"I know F1 drivers are supposed to be competitive but you just making a competition with yourself here by comparing your feelings to before." Emilia stated.

"That's the best type of competition." Lando grinned.

"And why's that?" Emilia smiled looking up to the McLaren driver.

"Because it means I always win and I get the best prize. You." Lando grinned at Emilia. She pulled him in by the waist kissing him slowly. It didn't matter to her that they were in public. She wanted to show off what she was lucky to have.

Aw a nice cute chapter again, would be the perfect time me to kill off Emilia. No obviously, I wouldn't do that yet. She's got at least a whole book to go. 

I have been so busy I literally didn't realise it had taken me a month to upload a short chapter massive apologies guys but I just have no time to write at the minute. 

Hope everyone is doing amazing and has a great day :)