Beach house! (part 4)

(Emma's POV)

(Y/N) and I walked down the corridor. "Where do you think Norman is?" I asked. 

"Probably with everyone else in the living room, Ray's probably still asleep." Replied the (h/c)ette on my right.

I nodded as we went down the flight of stairs that led to the ground floor.

We entered the living room and Norman was indeed there. I blushed as I saw him teach one of the younger kids how to read.

(Y/N) nudged my elbow. "Come on, shoot your shot!" She whispered.

"Not in front of everyone though." I turned to her.

"Obviously not, let's go." She grabbed my hand and we went to where Norman was sitting.

The albino noticed us coming in his direction and waved at us. "Hey Emma, (Y/N)!"

"Hey!" I smiled whilst (Y/N) waved.

We sat near him. "Did you choose your outfits yet?" He asked.

"Yup." (Y/N) and I said in unison.

Norman smiled. "Great." He turned to (Y/N). "Now all you have to do is ask Ray when he wakes up."

"Guess so." She said. 

There was an awkward silence between the three of us until Norman spoke.

"Emma, may I talk to you in a quieter place for a second?"

I felt my face heat up. (Y/N)'s face showed excitement. "Go!" She mouthed.

"Sure!" I managed to say. I got up and followed Norman. I looked at my (e/c) eyed friend as I was about to exit the room and she gave me a thumbs up. Is this really happening? Was Norman really going to ask me to go to the party with him??

(Y/N)'s POV

I sat on the couch near a few kids. I couldn't believe Norman had asked Emma instead of Emma asking him! What a turn of events.

I grabbed a magazine from a nearby bookshelf and flipped the pages with interest.

Phil sat near me on the couch. "Is Norman going to ask Emma to go to the party with him?" 

How smart. "I think so." I smiled at him.

"Yay!" He chirped. "So, when are you going to ask Ray?" 

My eyes widened. Was he eavesdropping on us? Or was he just way too smart for a four-year-old? 

"Soon, Ray's asleep right now."

Phil smiled. "It's pretty obvious that you like him (Y/N). I think he likes you too."

I blushed at the mentioning of my crush on Ray. "We'll see if he does later today, I think."

"Good luck (Y/N)!" The brunette jumped of the couch and joined his friends who were playing with toy trains.

I continued to read the magazine for a while when Norman and Emma entered the room. They were chattering away, laughing as they held hands.

I eagerly ran up to the two. "You're finally back! So, what happened?"

Emma took my hands and jumped happily. "Norman's taking me to the party!!"

I jumped along with her. "Congratulations, I'm so glad! About time, Norman."