🖤 Pendant

(F/c) - favourite colour

Normal AU
(3rd person POV)

Age 6

"(Y/n)." The six year old Ray called his (e/c) eyed friend, "Please, have this. It's a gift from me to you. I hope you like it." He whispered.

The boy placed a (f/c) flower-shaped pendant he got as a reward from his mother into the girl's tiny palm.

"Ray you shouldn't have, why did you give me this?" (y/n) asked.

"If we ever get separated, I want you to keep it with you forever so you will never forget me." He answered. "I also know that (f/c) is your favourite colour and I knew you'd like it."

The girl's expression saddened. "I'll never forget you, Ray. With or without a gift you'll always be in my heart!" 

Ray smiled sadly, knowing that his friend had no idea that they were being raised to be eaten. "You'll always be in my heart too, (y/n)." 

Months later

 "Ray guess what! I'm finally getting adopted! I'm so happy!" (Y/n) said happily.

"Oh.. congratulations I guess.." Ray replied.

"What's wrong Ray?"

"Nothing, I'll just miss you, thats all."

A day after
(Y/n)'s siblings all said bye to her. Everyone except Ray.
"Hey mom, can I speak to Ray before I leave?" The six year old asked Isabella.

"Of course! Just don't take too long or your new parents will get impatient dear!" Isabella told the child.

(y/n) found her friend crying in the library.

"Ray, please, don't cry. I promise I'll remember you even when I'm gone. Who knows maybe we will see each other again someday!" The girl said optimistically.

"That isn't possible. I'm sorry for not telling you before, I was scared you'd get frightened but we live in a world were we are raised to be eaten by demons. Gracefield is a farm, not an orphanage and once you step into the gate you'll be killed. I know it's a lot to take in and I don't expect you to believe m-" The boy was interrupted by an index finger on his lips.

"I believe you." (y/n) said calmly. "I trust you and I'm sure you wouldn't lie to me. By the way, I also knew about the orphanage's secret. I know what will happen once I enter the gate but its no gonna happen, I swear." (Y/n) pulled out a set of small knives from her luggage. 

"I'll use these to kill the demons awaiting me and I'll run and hide in the nearby forest." The girl exclaimed with confidence."

The boy looked at her in shock whilst tears poured down his face.

She continued, "take this" she gave him a pendant, the same colour as his eyes. "So we'll technically still be together!"

"I'll escape as soon as I can. Once I do, I'll find you." Ray hugged her. "I love you, and I'll also miss you.

"The feelings are mutual, Ray." She hugged him back and sadly exited the library a few minutes after enjoying her last moment with the boy before she left Gracefield.

Extra ending

That very night, Ray heard eerie noise of an alarm before he went to bed. He smiled, a relieved smile.
(Y/n) had successfully escaped.

I might continue this at some point. (January 2023 Celia here. I won't be continuing this)
As usual I hope you enjoyed reading and I wish you a good day/night.