Aftermath

WARNING: Unless you want to be spoiled, please don't read this chapter if you haven't finished the manga. Thanks :D

Your POV

The school bell peeled loudly for break time. I rushed out of the biology lab and went straight to my locker to get my books for the last four periods of the day.

It's been a while since we arrived to the human world.

We found Emma a while back, at first she couldn't remember any of us but now she's getting better. She knows who Ray, Norman, my other friends from Gracefield and I are and she knows about the farm and it's secrets too. She still doesn't remember the Goldy Pond kids, Yuugo and Lucas, Lambda and Norman's friends, Barbara, Cislo and Vincent. I'm so glad shes doing better.

This place is so strange. The skyscrapers are larger than I thought they would be. There's so much flora and fauna that I only read about in books back in Gracefield. It's so weird but so cool to see insects like bees and ladybugs and plants like daffodils and poppies upfront. They're all so beautiful.

The streets are clean, cars can drive through them with ease. Back in the demon world there were no cars and the roads were bumpy and stony. The roads here are made of a material called tarmac.

Slowly, my friends and I have gotten used to living here. 

Everyone of us who is still a minor and needs education attends this K-12 school in the United States. The majority of the students are friendly and they've accepted us even though we were raised in a demons' world. I don't ever let the mean kids bother me.

I closed up my locker when I heard a familiar voice from behind me.

"You done?" I turned around, it was my favourite person, Ray.

"Mhm." I smiled. "Let's go eat, my tummy's been rumbling since biology started."

He took my hand and we walked to the rooftop, that's were we usually eat lunch.

Emma and Norman aren't here. Emma wanted to get home-schooled so Vincent is teaching her at home. Norman has a doctor's appointment to check if his condition is getting better. Due to the experiments performed on him back at Lambda, he's been getting severe headaches. They're getting better, though.

We arrived to the rooftop. The view was lovely. I munched on my ham sandwich and Ray sipped on his juice box. We didn't communicate or anything. I just rested my head on his shoulder and the two of us enjoyed the silence.

"Ray," I spoke. "I'm glad you're here with me."

The next thing I knew, I started to sob.

He buried my head in his chest and stroked my hair gently. "Why are you crying?"

"I know it feels wrong to say this, but I miss Gracefield. I know it made us suffer, but we made so many memories there. Remember how we'd sneak outside each night and stargaze on the grass, or how we'd play around in the forest. I miss it all."

He kissed my forehead. "Sometimes, I miss it too, but that place wasn't safe for us and we're here now, it's better here. We can made even more memories here."

"You're right. I'm happier here, all of us seem to be. I'm so glad everything's better now." I smiled. "I love you, Ray."

"I love you too, I always will." He kissed my cheek and we stared at the busy streets before us. This is our home now, it's better here.

Wishing on Scara's banner omg

Have a great day/night!!