New Years

Omg 2023 is in four days! I'm so excited but I've no clue why. 

Happy (early) new year cause I won't be able to use Wattpad from the 29th till the 5th - I'm going abroad :)

Modern Au - Your POV

I'm trying not to fall asleep right now. It's around 23:50 and my friends came to my house so we could celebrate New Years together. I woke up extremely early today so right now I feel like I could sleep at any second. Thankfully, there's only ten minutes till the clock strikes midnight so I can get some shut eye very soon.

Emma's opening up fortune cookies with Norman. They've seemed to have gotten something good since they're both smiling at each other happily. I'm nibbling on some finger food with Ray on the couch. The two of us have a blanket over us. We aren't really talking, just enjoying the comfortable silence between us. There's music playing in the background. It's raining heavily and I switched on the fireplace to keep warm.. Thank God we decided to stay in or else we'd all be soaking wet.

"Hey (Y/N)! Is the TV on so we can watch the national countdown?" Emma asked.

"Yup." I replied. "Come sit so we can watch it together."

There was singing and dancing. Everybody had umbrellas since the event was being held outside.

"Here's a fortune cookie." Norman passed me and Ray a fortune cookie each. "Open them up."

I cracked mine open. I didn't understand the message.

"You'll get to experience something new next year."

I wondered.  What new thing would I experience?

Emma shook me from my shoulders. "It's starting!"

I looked back at the television. The countdown was at eleven seconds. Time for the countdown to commence.

The four of us slightly raised our voices. 

Ten,

Nine,

Eight,

Seven,

Six,

Five,

Four,

Three,

Two, 

One,

Happy New Year-

I was cut off by Ray as he pressed his lips on mine. In a state of complete shock, I was soon able to grab him from his shoulders and kissed him back.

"Happy New Year." He smiled at me after we separated.

"Happy New Year." I smiled back.

That's my cue to get off of Wattpad.

Byebye! Happy New Year! Drink your water and have a lovely day <3 

Celia out 💨