Happy Birthday Ray!

Happy birthday emo <3

Normal AU, 2nd person POV 

*rrringg*

Your reached your hand out and switched off the alarm clock on your bedside table. The clock's hands were both on the number twelve. It was officially January 15, 2044. Ray's 11th birthday.

Ray was never a fan of celebrating his birthday and you knew this. The two of you were aware that this meant he was only one year away from getting slaughtered by the demons, the reason you were all suffering in this hell hole. The ravenette was a gloomy boy, but his mood would always be worse on his birthday.

Unlike him, you were a little more optimistic about the situation. You wanted him to feel like any other kid on their special day - over the moon

Therefore, each year you'd make sure he had a great time. 

You wanted to congratulate him for surviving another year in this excuse of a child farm.

You wanted him to know that he's loved. 

You wanted him to realise how special he was to everybody here, especially to you.

After rubbing your eyes, you sprang out of bed, full of determination to once again make Ray feel extra happy. You lit up a lantern so you could get around the house with ease and crept out of your bedroom making sure you didn't wake up any of your siblings.

Once you closed the bedroom door, you made your way to the kitchen which was downstairs. Inside the fridge you had placed a cupcake with a note saying 'do not touch!' just in case someone thought the cupcake was a treat and ate it when it was actually Ray's 'birthday cake'. You didn't have enough ingredients to make him an actual cake, so like every year you had to resort to baking the green-eyed boy a cupcake. It was his favourite flavour, vanilla. You also added some chocolate chips cause, well, who doesn't like chocolate chips?

After you covered up the cupcake so it wouldn't get dirty, you made your way to the library which is where you'd be giving Ray the cupcake and his present. You had placed his gift, which was a flower chain, underneath your bed, but you'd be getting that out later. 

You felt bad since you couldn't get Ray a real gift like a camera. You knew he'd always wanted one since he was a child. The thing is, you had no access to the outside world, you didn't even have a clue what the outside world was like. There probably weren't any houses, shops out there. The chances of you ever buying him a normal gift were close to zero and it always made your heart sink.

After placing the cupcake on a table, you opened up a drawer in the table which is were you had kept the decorations to lighten up the library for his birthday. The decorations included a couple balloons which mama had given you and a banner saying 'Happy Birthday Ray!' which you had made with your bare hands. 

You carefully grabbed the banner, which was long enough to be placed between two shelves facing each other. Then you climbed a ladder and attached the banner to the shelves. You blew up the balloons and placed them in between books from their 'tail part'. They weren't blown up with helium so they couldn't float (ugh, density, physics). You looked at your hard work. You were sure this and the gift would make Ray smile. You were proud with yourself and decided to get some more sleep as a reward.

*ding ding ding*

You woke up once you heard the first ring of the grandfather clock. Immediately, you ran to Ray's room.