kuroo tetsuro • confession

Start from the beginning

"Kuroo!"

You both glanced to the crowd of people at the door.

"You want to walk around and maybe play some volleyball as well or you're scared to lose?" A friend of his challenged him with a volleyball in his hand.

You moved your eyes down to him still gazing at them. Immediately, Kuroo stood up on his feet as he stretched his arms out to the ceiling and chuckled lowly at him.

"Scared to lose? If someone like you is challenging me, you already know I'm going to take the challenge with ease," He stated with a wide grin, "You're not that good."

"Hey-"

He looked behind him at you, "Want to come watch me, beautiful?"

Butterflies were swaying in the pit of your stomach. If it wasn't obvious already, you did like Kuroo Tetsuro back, but you were unwilling to speak your mind and feelings. For the reason? You simply did not have the courage to confess nor did you feel your feelings were worth it enough to act on them.

You lowered your gaze with a blank expression taking your face, "No, thank you."

He stared at you intensely.

"Hm.." He hummed quietly in an understanding tone, "Alright, I'll see you later then, beautiful."

From the corner of your eye, you watched him walk away from you and off with his group of friends. A familiar girl amongst the group latched onto Kuroo with a wide grin on her face. Suddenly, her pretty brown eyes flicked over to you. The smile on her face chipped away and formed into a face that was filled with hatred.

You forgot-tons of girls liked him, but somehow the "ugly" foreigner managed to steal his attention. You managed to divert his attention away from the prettiest girl at this high school. Bringing your focus back to your book, you read with your shaky hands clutching onto the edges of the book as if you were preparing to throw it at someone.

You hated this.

You hated feeling like this.

You hated how you liked him and how he liked you, but you knew you would never be able to confess or date him.

Time had passed, you were now heading out of class with your bookbag on your shoulder and your book in your hand. Your foot took one step out of the door for you to be immediately met with your face going straight into someone's lower collarbone. Swiftly, you backed away and held onto your nose that had pain surging through it.

"Ugh-I'm so sorry," You apologized quietly as you pried your hand off your nose.

A familiar, breathy chuckle lingered through your ears turning your face red, "Apologizing, hm? Hopefully, this apology is for you trying to leave without me and not me purposely getting in front of you to stop you from leaving without me."

You went a few steps back with your hand extended far-out, "My god, why is it always you?"

Kuroo leaned up against the classroom door with a confident smile plastered across his handsome face.

"I like you, that's why."

Huffing and puffing loudly, you pushed past him and was about to turn down the hallway, but you were now inches away from his face. You stood there, shocked and surprised-you were gazing into his eyes. Your nose was so close to touching his. Your lips.. his lips.. they were also so close.. yet so far apart from one another.

Why did you want to kiss him so badly this moment?

Why did you want to wrap your arms around him and steal a kiss from him?