goshiki tsutomu • king of bastards

word count: 4090

genre: fluff

im back from writer's block and my covid near-death experience! yayyy!!!

have a great time reading! :)

+++

"Hee~" You said creepily, smiling at the team on the other side of the net scarily with you spiking the ball harshly between the arms of the three girls.

You plummeted back to the ground and smiled widely at the girls staring in horror at what just occurred. All of them looked behind at the ball bouncing on the ground.

"I told you that I would score most of the points on you," You giggled at them, "Did you think I was messing around? When it comes to volleyball, the thing that enjoys me the most is scoring most of the points on the opposing team and watching them lose all hope."

"That spark of light in their eyes all comes tumbling down when you find out that you can't stop someone from getting points," You continued, "How are you a blocker if you can't block the ace spikes? Why are you even against me if this is the best you can do?"

"If you claim to be the best, make sure to show it to me instead of running your mouth first," You laughed, "It's quite sad and embarrassing how you couldn't get out of the single digits in both games. It's so disappointing that it's laughable."

You put your hands on the net and smiled evilly at them, "Next time you see me on this court, I will not let you score one point. I am using everything in my body to destroy all of the hope inside you and watch you hate voll-"

"Enough, Y/N," You felt someone punch you on the top of your head and pull on your shirt to take you away from them, "You're letting your massive ego take place."

You frowned and crossed your arms in anger, "They started it first. I wanted to finish it."

Your teammate and best friend, Meiko sighed at your stupidity, "If you want to be the captain next year, act like one and drop the idiocy."

"Blah, blah," You huffed and puffed.

You and your teammates had a meeting with the other coach to talk about your performance. After you finished speaking to the coach, you sadly shook hands with the other team that you ridiculed at the end and noticed they couldn't look you in your eye from fright. You chuckled at them being scared, but you were slapped in the head by Meiko and had apologized to all of them for being unsportsmanlike.

"Stop hitting me in the back of my head!" You shouted at Meiko angrily, glaring at her, "It's over already!"

"I'm fixing you to make sure you return to your ways of being incompetent and just all talk with no bite," She said nonchalantly, blinking at you with no emotion on her face.

"You-"

"Stop it, stop it," Your captain chuckled, "How about you guys go take a break with the other girls? They're all going to watch the Shiratorizawa game."

You glanced over to her and rolled your eyes, "No, they suck."

"You're still angry that Semi rejected you, huh?" Meiko commented, fixing her bra and shirt, "How.. disappointing."

You blushed and growled angrily at her, "I will kill you."

You felt an arm wrap around your shoulder and you felt someone pull you close. You looked to the side and noticed the same had happened to Meiko. You glanced up and saw Nagi with a pleasant smile on her face.

"You both did a splendid job today," She complimented you both, "Our amazing ace and libero are always doing well. Since we have another game coming afterwards, I want you guys to go take a break and recharge. We need you awake and ready-"