kageyama tobio • milk boy

word count: 3718

genre: fluff

one-shot

have a great time reading! :)

+++

You had been sprinting down the hallways in fear. Today, it was the rush day! The rush day: a day where milk always run out quickly and you have to be one of the first people to get it. These days were the most traumatizing for you.

You need milk in your body.

Ever since you were a child, you had this belief that milk made you grow taller. Since you loved the taste of milk and believed that it could make you grow, you never went a day without drinking it.

"Come on, come on. Don't be out!" You whispered to yourself, gently pushing past the crowds of people.

You got to the front of the line and smiled weakly at the lunch lady.

"G-Good.. m-morning," You greeted her shakily.

"Good morning," She greeted you back, "What would you like?"

"M-May.. I.. h-have that?" You asked, pointing to the milk behind her.

"Yes, you can," She stated, grabbing the carton and putting it on the countertop, "In fact, you're on time! You have gotten the last one."

You sighed in relief with a happy, precious smile spreading on your face. As you patted yourself down for your wallet in the pocket of your blazer, fear struck right through you. You began to pat all around your body, trying to find your wallet that you had carried around with you everywhere.

"N-No!" You shouted in distraught.

You simply could not believe this.

Of all days, you let yourself forget your wallet on rush day!

To the side of you, a tall, black-haired boy came up to the stand and he pointed to the milk.

"May I buy this?"

You stared at him in disbelief.

You wanted to say something to him but, you couldn't say anything to him. Words couldn't escape your mouth.

"Y-Yes," She confirmed nervously.

He handed her the money and grabbed the milk carton off the counter. You watched him walk away without a care in the world. You stood there, confused and not understanding what just happened. You stepped out of line and decided to trail behind the tall boy.

You took a peek on each side of him and saw that he had been puncturing the carton with the straw. You became worried and sad that he was about to drink it. Without thinking, you grabbed onto his jacket and tugged on it gently.

He turned his head behind slightly to look down at you, "Yes? Do you need something?"

"I-I.. want.. your milk.." You said innocently, looking up at him.

His face became red, "W-What!"

"T-The carton.." You said, "I-I.. was.. going to buy it...! B-But.. I-I-I.. f-forgot my money.."

His expression softened and he let out a sigh of relief. As he returned to his expressionless face, you heard a simple word that shattered you.

"No," He said, "You forgetting your money isn't my fault. I bought this for me to drink. I don't purchase drinks for anyone else."

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm busy," He told you, walking out of your grasp and proceeding out of the lunchroom.

You frowned up at him.