Ending 3: ShuHWAA, My Fire Flower

YN Story
[FLASHBACK December 6, 2021 10:32am]

"So this is the Soul of Science Stage," Somin said to a new face. "This one here is the Soul Boss, Hwangie."

You burst out laughing when you heard her calling you Soul Boss Hwangie. While Yujin and Joongki were setting up things for the science show at 11 in the back room, you went over to Somin and a gentleman beside her. "Oh my, not a lot of people call me that anymore since the other two left," you said with a giggle. "Annyeonghaseyo, I am Hwang YN, the Education Scientist for the Soul of Science Stage and Special Projects, also known as Hwangie on the side."

"I know you as Science Oppa. Man, that TWICE promotion was pretty awesome. Annyeonghaseyo, YN shi, my name is Jaemus Dai, I am the new Marketing Coordinator," he said as he shook your hand. Jaemus is replacing Somin, who is in her last trimester of her pregnancy and will be going on maternity leave fairly soon.

Somin laughed hysterically and added "oh yes! That too! He's a celebrity now!"

"Oh? You have a unique surname," you commented.

"Yeah, I'm from Northern Taiwan. I went to university in Ulsan (South Korea) though and lived there for a bit," he said. "I came to Seoul not long ago and was blessed to land a job here."

"Oh sweet. Welcome to Seoul. I look forward to working with you," you said with a smile.

Somin smiled, "oh you'll have a lot of opportunities to work with this guy. He's a handful," she joked. After exchanging a few pleasantries, Somin took Jaemus into the stage storage to meet with Joongki and Yujin before continuing on their orientation tour.

[December 15, 2021 7:11pm]
Location: HotxPots Hotpot

"The usual special soup base, YN?" The owner asked. You were a usual customer at HotxPots. Since everyone in your friend group likes to have Taiwanese style hot pot and this is the only place around Seoul that gives it the authentic Taiwan feel, HotxPots has been the go-to for outings with your friends, coworkers, Seulgi and even Red Velvet occasionally for the last few years.

"Actually, no, can I get the chicken broth please?" You said to the owner. For today, you didn't want their super seasoned and greasy soup base that Kwonnie and Youngjae likes, you always preferred the more subtle ones, and you think Shuhua would appreciate it too.

"Kwonnie is not coming today, huh?" He said with a giggle.

You chuckled, "that's right! Finally some quiet time."

The owner laughed and nodded, "alright, chicken it is, I'll be back," he said after writing some things down.

With the all you can eat item order sheet on the table, you started checking off some random foods off of the menu while waiting for Shuhua to arrive. As you continued down the list of items, you suddenly thought of Seulgi. Randomly recalling an evening at your place having a hot pot gathering with Red Velvet, Jin, and Eunyoung after Queendom promotions, that was the night you felt your relationship with her was defined. The scene from September started playing in your mind suddenly.

[Space Dorks Night: September 12, 2021]
After revealing that you had a collaboration with TWICE to Red Velvet, Yeri connected the dots as to why Nayeon was trying to probe her to spill some tea between Seulgi and you. "Ah, no wonder Nayeon Unnie asked if I knew a scientist. She also asked about Seulgi's relationships. I think she knows something about you two,"

"They've asked about it, for sure," you replied with a fading smile.

"What did you tell them?" Irene asked.