Chapter 10: Hi Seulgi

YN Story:

[August 4, 2021 10:30am]

You sent an email to SM Entertainment a few days ago mentioning there is going to be a potential collaboration with another artist at the end of the year. While the contract with SM never explicitly mentioned pH-ONE cannot collaborate with other companies in the same industry, it was implied that SM Entertainment would be the sole ambassador and partner. As you were working on the floor plan for TWICE's promotion at the atrium, your phone vibrated and the computer made an audible "dun nun" sound. You got an email and it was a response from SM Entertainment.

"Is that really necessary? Couldn't we just do this on Zoom?" You mumbled to yourself

"Is that really necessary? Couldn't we just do this on Zoom?" You mumbled to yourself. But it's not all bad, since Red Velvet is preparing for Queendom, you might actually be able to see Seulgi and the rest of the members too...if their manager lets you. You replied back to Jae Jin and coincidentally, the meeting with SM will take place on the same day you meet with JYP. It's all happening in 2 days. Morning will be SM, and afternoon will be JYP. "Well, better let Joongki and Dami know of the news." You mumbled.

[11:30am]

After doing some paperwork, and powered through much of the proposal for JYP, it was time for your first science stage show at 12pm. As you entered backstage, both Joongki and Dami had already started preparations.

"Annyeong YN." They both greeted

"Annyeong." You responded. "So my friends, I come with news. Do you want the bad news or good news first?"

"Surprise me." Joongki said.

You decided to tell them the bad news first and said "well, I won't be on-site on Friday and you will both be the science gurus here with Yujin."

"And the bad news?" Dami joked. She knew you meant that was the bad news when you mentioned you are offsite. They won't have a direct supervisor for the day and they will have to take on most of the responsibilities of the stage. Joongki chuckled when he heard that.

"You...that...that was the bad news." You trailed off. "Dami, urgh!" Realizing she was teasing.

Joongki and Dami laughed. "YN Oppa, we do better without you." She continued to tease.

"The next performance review will be a fun one for both of you." Your shot back.

Dami and Joongki laughed. "You won't do that. You are the type of boss we like. We're more like good friends than coworkers or just boss and employees." Joongki said with a smile. Dami nodded.

"Even Jin still talks highly of you now." Dami added. Jin is no longer on the Soul of Science team, but he got a position as a Digital Media Specialist for the science museum in summer of 2020 after graduating from university.

"Well, thanks. I knew the performance review trick would come in handy." You jokingly remarked. "Anyways, I was about to say the good news is that both of you will have more time on the stage to finesse your craft and performance. I have faith in you all."