Ending 7: Mina San, Aishiteru

YN Story
[January 5, 2022 10:10am]
Location: Science Blooms Museum, Osaka

"YN-San, we are very impressed with your charisma, ideas and general knowledge on science communications and operations," Tamagotchi said. Despite the confidence boosting compliments from Tamagotchi, your heart was a little heavy and your mind had a lot of trouble focusing on the meeting. While physically seeing three people in semi-formal attire with big smiles, there was someone else in your imaginative vision looking back at you. Laying beside you on a sunny winter morning in bed, her smile was everything and you found yourself mesmerized by her.

Good morning, YN-Nie.

G-good morning...did you...Uh sleep well?

Yes. Really well. Thank you. Did you?

Yes. Very well too.

"So YN-San, will you accept the offer?" You heard a random voice say.

Suddenly brought back to reality, you were visibly confused. "Uh..." You said.

"Are you alright YN-San?" Otomo asked.

"Oh, yes. My apologies..." you said apologetically.

"Not a problem, but as I was saying, would you like you to accept our offer here at Science Blooms?" Tamagotchi asked again.

"Do you maybe want a minute to think about it?" Reiko asked, seeing your confused expression.

"Yeah. Actually, that'd be great."

"Very well, we will be waiting just outside," Tamagotchi nodded. The three executives quickly cleared the room and the door closed behind you. The room was quiet and a pin drop could easily be heard. The atmosphere was oddly peaceful despite this being a high pressure, anxiety-inducing meeting to decide the fate of your future.

"Mina..." you mumbled.
——————————

[FLASHBACK December 19, 2021 4:15pm]
Location: YN's Place, Seoul

Coming back home from visiting Red Vevlet, you somehow felt worse than you already did. While you knew it was going to be less than dandy because of what happened with Seulgi, seeing the Red Velvet members just made it much more excruciating. Irene is mad at you, Wendy is frustrated with you, Joy hasn't contacted you and you knew Yeri was all but hurt and disappointed from what happened between you and Seulgi. Of course, there was her, Seulgi. Within minutes, you managed to ruin a two year relationship with someone you love. You love Seulgi, but you messed up. One brutal confrontation a few days ago cost you everything with her.

"Ugh...why? Seulgi...why did I do this to you?" You mumbled. Drained of energy from the last couple of days, you plopped yourself down on your couch and stared into the deep void on the black screen of your TV. Staring back at you was a reflection of an energy depleted, heartbroken, soulless zombie looking thing. Needless to say, it was a horrifying visual.

...Do you think we can still be friends in the future like this?

Are you thinking of the thing I think you're thinking?

What? No! You Pabo! Why would I think that?

Well good. I thought you were going to ghost me. As long as you're here for me, I'm here for you.

Thinking back to that conversation at the park with Seulgi, your heart sank deep into your own sorrow. "Ugh...I'm such a stupid idiot. Everything is a lie. EVERYTHING!" you said angrily. "We're never going to be the same again..." At this point, there is no future with you and Seulgi. Everything is broken.