Chapter 18: BAM! A Step Back

SEULGI Story
[October 3, 2021]

"So, how's the song?"

"I really like it!" Seulgi said, impressed with the song Bam Bam sent her to sample.

"I am glad you like it. I knew there was something there that would click with you. I wrote this one with you in mind." Bam Bam said. He then asked "so, do you want to duet with me on this song?"

"Absolutely. I honestly really wanted to try contemporary dance and this song fits so well." Seulgi accepted in a heartbeat.

"Oh heck yes! Noona, you don't even know how long I've been waiting for a collab with you!" Bam Bam was ecstatic. "Hey, do you want to get some food tonight? It'll be my treat to you, Noona, for our collaboration."

"Sure, it'll be a bit late though, I have a recording for Seulgi.zip. Oh! There is this one place I always wanted to try. YN sent me a picture of the food last time. We should go."

"YN, huh?"

Seulgi stopped and all of a sudden became deflated. "Yeah...YN."

"Noona, forget about him. Let's just have fun tonight."

Seulgi chuckled and replied, "I'll try."

"I'll make sure you have a happy time, Noona!" Bam Bam said ambiguously. Bam Bam was flirty, but Seulgi never really caught on.

After the phone call with Bam Bam, Seulgi prepared to go to the stylist for her schedule later in the day for Seulgi.zip, the live talk show she hosts. As she searched for her outfit of the day, a plushie of the planet Saturn caught Seulgi's eye. She picked it up and the heart it is holding says "You're my Ring of Destiny." She held onto Saturn for a while and mumbled "are you my destiny?"

——————————————

[FLASHBACK January 29, 2020 10:42am]
Location: SM Entertainment

Seulgi was full of anticipation for some odd reason. With her was Irene waiting for the arrival of the pH-ONE crew and YN with the Seul of Science plushies. "Are you doing the shoot too?" Seulgi asked Irene.

"Yeah. I'm guessing it's because we're working on Monster together that they wanted me too." Irene replied.

Yeongdok then walked in and greeted Irene and Seulgi. "Ah great. Seulgi, just wanted to let you know SM requested Irene and you to be ambassadors to the brand and the science museum has approved of it. It's for our promotional purposes of Monster down the line." Yeongdok said with a smirk. "So both of you will do it, but I'll let YN figure out how to arrange it."

"YN? He was the guy that helped Seulgi, right?" Irene said. Seulgi and Yeongdok nodded.

"Oh he's been doing more than that." Yeongdok said. "He's been charming Seulgi. Just look at her face."

Irene looked at her and saw Seulgi embarrassingly looking down with a beet red face. "O-Oppa, w-what are you even talking about? I-I don't even know him for a month yet."

"Well whatever it is, that man is a dangerous one. If Seulgi can blush like this, the two kiddos (Yeri and Joy) will easily fall for him too." Yeongdok continued to tease.

"Oppa stop!" Seulgi said shyly.

"Are you actually interested in him?" Irene asked.

"Well...I don't know. He's really fun to talk to, so I'd like to get to know him more." Seulgi said softly as Irene nodded with a smile.

"Welcome in." Yeongdok greeted YN and another science museum staff as they walked in with a box and a few other items.

"Annyeonghaseyo." YN said. "She's my helper today, Dami. The marketing team will be here with the equipment soon"