Ending 2: (Ji)Hyo-ding You Forever

JIHYO Story
[FLASHBACK: December 18, 2021 8:07pm]

After giving each member their Christmas present, YN stayed for a little bit just chatting with TWICE about various things. Nayeon was curious about the details of the Japanese opportunity while other members asked follow-up questions about how YN feels about potentially leaving his hometown, his family, and friends to start a new journey in his career. The foreigners, Sana, Mina, Momo and Tzuyu, however, did sympathize with YN and despite not wanting him to leave, they also understood his point of view (in the professional stance anyway) as they also left everything behind to pursue their idol career.

"Well, it's time to say goodbye. I'll be back in January, and if you have time, maybe we can meet at pH-ONE and have a Science Day together." YN said.

The room was silent and most members didn't really want to accept the reality of YN leaving. On a normal occasion, this wouldn't be a problem at all if YN is heading to Japan for a vacation. However, knowing this is the time for YN to work out the details of his potential move to Japan for an extended period of time was something that was hard to accept, especially for Sana, Mina and Tzuyu. Jihyo was also very confused because she was feeling a mix of all sorts of emotions. While she was happy for YN of these new opportunities in his career, she was more or less disappointed, saddened, and even a little angry about the entire situation. Does he ever think about me? Does he ever take me into consideration when he's deciding on this Japanese situation? While a part of me wants him to succeed, there is another part that makes me wish he's not going to go...Stop it, Jihyo. You can't be selfish like this. He has his own life and you have your own. Perhaps the relationship with him was just never meant to be...she thought to herself.

With a deep sigh, Jihyo used all of her strength to keep the tears from forming. With a forced smile, Jihyo stood up and walked over to YN to give him a tight hug. "We will always have time for you, YN-Nie."

Returning the big hug, YN wrapped his arms around Jihyo's waist lovingly. "I'll miss you, Jihyo. I'll see you next year."

"I'll miss you too," she quietly whispered.

Following Jihyo's lead, the rest of the members said their respective goodbyes as well giving YN hugs. Sana and Mina gave him gentle kisses. After YN left, there was an eerie silence in the TWICE practice room.

"So...he's leaving leaving Korea..." Dahyun mumbled.

"He told me that yesterday," Chaeyoung said with a nod. "But he was not in a good mental state though."

"What happened?" Sana asked.

"Something must have happened with Seulgi and him because of this Japan thing. He was hurt." Dahyun explained.

"Very hurt." Chaeyoung confirmed.

"Seulgi?" Jihyo said, perking up interest of other members too.

"He wrote a part of the song I'm working on for our Japanese album," Dahyun revealed, showing the TWICE members the file YN sent to her. "This is what he sent yesterday. It's clearly a break up."

After seeing the lyrics, Nayeon messaged Yeri to see what's going on. Other members either stayed quiet or mumbled to themselves of how unfortunate the event might have been between the Seulgi and YN.

Not knowing what came over her, all Jihyo wanted to do was to see YN and tell him she loves him. Perhaps it's worth a shot, isn't it? If he likes me back, then maybe we can start something new? And if he doesn't, then perhaps just as he wrote for the song, I wish for him to "Be Happy."

"I'll be back," Jihyo announced. Immediately, she bolted out the door to attempt to see YN. She took out her phone and tried texting as she ran which was a little difficult. Luckily, in the corner of her eye, she just saw the elevator door closing and YN was standing there. Taking a sharp turn, Jihyo rushed through several sets of stairs to the main floor, almost tripping down the stairs several times.