Chapter 20-2: Beary Penguin (Part II)

3rd Person Story
[October 13, 2021 4:53pm]

With 8 TWICE members, Seulgi and Bam Bam there, YN's house was quite lively albeit a little chaotic. However, the atmosphere was also a little awkward and tense too. Jealousy discreetly filled the room amongst almost everyone. Mina was lost in thought and felt very uneasy to see Seulgi and YN together. Watching them hug was a tough one for Mina to swallow. Sana was pierced in the heart with jealousy by both Mina and Seulgi. Bam Bam was not exactly impressed to see YN and Seulgi hugging either. Seulgi was a little intimidated by Mina, knowing that she is YN's favorite. Several TWICE members (Tzuyu and Jihyo) also felt a little jealous too.

In the living room, Sana was still on the couch and hogged a spot for YN. As he approached back to the couch, she signaled him to sit with her in which he obliged. With the third empty spot beside YN still available, Mina immediately plopped herself down. Exactly as before, YN was between Sana and Mina. Seulgi sat on the floor with Nayeon after being dragged by the bunny to catch up because they haven't seen each other in a long time. With Nayeon and Seulgi sitting together, Bam Bam took the opportunity to sit beside Seulgi.

"Bam Bam, do you know YN?" Jihyo asked.

"Uh, yeah, I guess. We met a couple weeks ago." He replied. He looked over to Seulgi with a sweet smile and said "I was just with Seulgi noona, so I'm here with her."

"You were with her?" Sana asked with curiosity.

Mina glanced over to Bam Bam and Seulgi, and looked back at YN. Upon hearing what Bam Bam said, YN had a blank expression. He must be feeling a little jealous, Mina thought.

"Yeah. I was at her place." Bam Bam said ambiguously, continuing to stare at Seulgi.

"Yah! You dork, you make it sound like a scandal," Seulgi said.

Bam Bam smirked and flirtatiously replied "for you, I wouldn't mind if it was a little scandalous, noona," while shoulder nudging her by rubbing shoulder to shoulder against her.

"Ooaaaaawww, omo!" Nayeon reacted with cringe.

Mina was shocked, not because she was jealous that Bam Bam was so flirtatious with Seulgi, but it was from observing YN's calm but clearly bothered reaction. YN sighed under his breath and tried his hardest to smile. He looked down at his feet for a moment and then looked back at Seulgi, awaiting her response. Mina didn't know what came over her in the heat of the moment, but seeing how tense YN was, she instinctively just held his hand in attempt to calm him. Mina grabbed his hand and interlocked her fingers with his and placed it on her lap. YN was stunned at the action and he looked at Mina with confusion. Mina didn't say anything but nodded with a smile. YN gently relaxed and wiggled his fingers to adjust to Mina's hand.

"STOP IT." Seulgi assertively said, silencing the entire room.

"Noona..." Bam Bam called.

"Noona, are you ok?" YN asked.

"Y-yeah. I am. Just stop with the cheesy flirts, both of you." She requested. There was a double meaning to her statement, she wanted Mina and YN to stop holding hands, and stop the subtle flirts. However, unfortunately for Bam Bam, he became the victim of her indirect messages.

Understanding the situation, Nayeon immediately tried to turn things around and teased Seulgi, "oh I get it. She doesn't like you boys because she likes me flirting with her." she then wrapped her arms around Seulgi and gave her a peck on the cheek, "does this make you feel better jagi (darling)?"

Unable to withstand Nayeon's aegyo, Seulgi caved in and laughed. Attempting to save the situation after making things awkward, Seulgi played along and said "yeah, I only flirt with girls."