Chapter 3: Special Stage

TWICE Story

[9:40am]

The meeting was fairly routine so to speak. It started with introductions of JYP Entertainment, TWICE and why JYP wanted to have this partnership. Soohyun and Somin had to sign an agreement acknowledging that the science museum and its employees will not reveal the next TWICE album before JYP announces it to the public. Nam Joon also briefly went through the legal jargon that in the event of a breach of contract, JYP Entertainment will sue if anything is revealed or leaked. PD-Nim (JYP) then shared JYP Entertainment's intention and goal of this partnership stating that because the album is based on science, it would be very interesting to have the science museum promoting TWICE as a unique endorsement that almost no kpop group has done in the history of the industry. Soohyun then shared pH-ONE's goal in this partnership as well. With TWICE's popularity, having TWICE promote pH-ONE will definitely attract more unique visitors and engage in a broader demographic of the population to visit the science museum.

"So the idea here is that TWICE will have a performance of their song at the science museum for the first week after release. And with that, the science museum will have rights to use the song and MV for advertising and promotion." Nam Joon said as he read the details JYP gave him. "Also, we will need to work closely with the souvenir shop team to brand special TWICE merchandise. These will be exclusive to pH-ONE for a limited time." He continued.

"We can make some arrangements on that," said Somin. "For the performance though, I'd like to have our staff involved with it too. Like a joint performance. Would that work Soohyun?"

"Potentially?" Soohyun answered with uncertainty. "I'm not too sure what you have in mind. But if TWICE is ok with that, I'll have to talk to YN about it. We can probably get his team to participate." As he said that, several girls perked up with interest in a rather boring meeting.

"YN?" Jihyo chimed in with a bright voice.

"Yeah, he's the Education Scientist that was supposed to be in the meeting as well. He is in charge of the science stage here, so performing and creating a popping show is all his forte." replied Soohyun.

"We could work with that. Girls, ideas?" JYP said. He then continued "he will have to work closely with our event team as well, so I suggest we meet at JYP for the next meeting."

Jihyo replied "That would be fun!"

The rest of the members also nodded in agreement to the TWICE and YN collaboration. While not showing a lot of emotion outside, several girls were more than excited for a chance to meet you in person.

"Okay, I will have to fill him in. I will make sure he contacts you." Soohyun said.

The remainder of the meeting was once again pretty routine. Soohyun and JYP finalized the details of the meeting and just asked questions to each other about their respective companies and plan moving forward. Luckily it didn't take long because JYP is meeting his wife and kid at 10am for a family day at the science museum.

Before the meeting wrapped up however, Soohyun had one more request. "By the way, I highly recommend checking out the Soul of Science Stage performance today and be sure to ask questions at the end of the show." The TWICE members looked at him blankly. He then continued "ask whatever question you have. Just random ones. It's YN on the stage today, but don't tell him who you are. He's a fan of TWICE but I want to see his reaction when I tell him he talked to TWICE without knowing." He laughed.

JYP chuckled and said "element of surprise, huh?"

"Ah, I like this." Nayeon said as she likes pulling pranks like these. She already had a plan to use her "aegyo baby" voice when talking to YN.