Chapter 34: Once in a Lifetime Opportunity

CHAEYOUNG Story
[December 17, 2021 8:33pm]
Location: Lobster Bagel Sandwich Shop

"This thing is expensive," Somi groaned.

"Oh come on, I wanted to try it for the longest time. Lobster is expensive," Chaeyoung replied. "I think it was worth it. Honestly, I think this sandwich is bopping," she continued as she took another bite of the signature Lobster Bagel.

"Meh, it's alright, but not the best." Somi said. As much as she wasn't satisfied, however, she took a nice big bite out of her sandwich. With her mouth full, Somi then asked "so how was the party with the science people? The collaboration looked really fun."

"Oh it was great. It's so weird, but the science team is really easy to befriend. All of them were star struck at the start, but they soon saw past that and actually treated us like friends." Chaeyoung said with a smile.

"And the love affair? How's that going?" Somi asked.

"Love affair?" Chaeyoung was confused. Is she talking about me or is she talking about Mina?

"Yeah, the entire situation with the Science Oppa, how's that turning out?" Somi asked curiously.

"Oh ok I see. Well, I guess it's good for Mina anyways. She went on a date with him to see the sunrise and he started playing video games with her and Sakura." Chaeyoung replied.

"Oh I see. Sana sent me the selfies she took with them," Somi said.

"Selfies?"

Somi took her phone out and started showing Chaeyoung the photos Sana snapped when she was making egg tarts at YN's place with flour all over their faces. "Sana never sent these to you?"

"No. I think Sana and Mina both know they like him, so they don't share these to the group chat. Mina sent me her photos with him watching the sunset though." Chaeyoung said.

Somi chuckled and shook her head, "my god, what is with him that everyone likes him?"

"He's a very interesting guy in the most basic way. Like he's just so chill but also very creative. A fun guy to hang around with, really." Chaeyoung said. "Plus, he got the looks too."

"Oh I've heard Lisa talking about him, and Jisoo too. He's definitely interesting from what Lisa told me."

"What did she say?" Chaeyoung asked, and she was intrigued. As Somi started talking, Chaeyoung suddenly lost focus on her and instead looked over at the order counter. There was a slouched figure waiting for his food that reminded Chaeyoung of YN, except with no energy or personality. There was an interesting vibe, and Chaeyoung couldn't stop looking at the person. It has to be YN, but at the same time, he's so drained.

YN Story

While waiting for your sandwich, a few messages popped up. They were from various people.

[Notification Center]
IreneNoona: what the hell is going on?! Is everything ok?
KatyYeri: what happened with you and Seulgi? Are you ok?
SeulgiBear: I left my shirt at your place. Yeongdok Oppa can pick it up for me. When are you free?
TofuTofu: YN Oppa, are you doing ok? Reply please.
Jisoosoo: what the hell happened?
Lalisa: what happened?! Jisoo is upset with you?

You heavily sighed. A particular message broke you despite you're already broken. "She doesn't even want to see me anymore. Yeongdok will pick stuff up...but I can't blame you, Ajumma..." you mumbled.

"Order for YN, chicken and egg sandwich!" The server yelled.

Unable to process what he yelled, you continued to stand there looking at your phone.