43

Aurora Styles

One thing I never thought I'd have in my life was this.

Me, my husband and my daughter at a farmers market.

Harry and Dove walk behind me, hand in hand, gossiping back and forth about who knows what. I hear Harry whispering with a wide present smile, Dove giggling and catching everyone's attention with her loud comebacks.

I smile as I hear a particularly loud laugh come from Dove, my eyes currently focussed on a punnet of organic strawberries. I hand the stall owner the money, graciously putting the boxed strawberries in my woven bag.

Since the start of the season has hit us, I made the effort to drag Harry and Dove with me, per Deli's recommendation

Since the start of the season has hit us, I made the effort to drag Harry and Dove with me, per Deli's recommendation. She's always been the farmers market type but heavily convinced me in the last few weeks to come and try it for myself.

So here I am.

I turn around and sigh at the lack of Harry and Dove, but ultimately smile as I know this means I can grab the last few bits without a 2 year old child poking me and a giggling 29 year old husband trying to catch my attention.

I wander around the stalls, picking up some peaches, nectarines and other stoned fruits. I get some more bananas, knowing my little monkey gets through at least two a day.

As Deli is coming over to spend time with me tonight, I head over to the wine guy, talking to him about the different aromas and flavours his wines have to offer. I settle on a classic rouge, knowing Deli will appreciate red over white.

When I turn around and head back up the top of the market, I keep my eye out for my two children, ready for them to run in front of me at any given moment.

With a tap on the shoulder, I turn around to see Harry anxiously smiling at me, his arms behind his back, Dove wearing her matching overalls, giggling and practically jumping on the spot with excitement.

"Oh hey, where did you two run off to?"

Dove hides her head into Harry's denim covered leg, laughing to herself, only setting off an anxiety tick within me. I speak quietly, not wanting Dove to hear, "Harry what did you do..."