13

Aurora Adler

I wake up to an empty bed.

Not a cold one, just empty.

When I manage to open my eyes, the sun is seeping through the curtains, creating a golden glow, as well as some warmth around the room.

I'm so glad it's Sunday.

After I come back from the bathroom, having freshened up a little, I pull my phone off the nightstand, and immediately check the time of Deli's location, before pressing call on her contact once I see she's free and not in the middle of her working day.

She answers almost immediately, "Hey Rora, how was the scan?"

"Incredible, Deli. I, uh..." I can't keep the smile off my face, "I found out the sex."

She gasps over the phone, "No way! Was I right?"

Wanting to see her face, I flip the call to facetime, smiling even wider as I see Deli laying on a sun lounger, "You were wrong."

She sits up dramatically, and she rips her sunglasses off her face, staring at me through the screen, "Are you serious?"

I nod and soften as I see tears form in her waterline, "I'm having a girl."

Her scream reverberates through the hotel she's staying out, her hand quickly slapping over her mouth in shock of the volume, "Fuck I didn't mean to scream that loud.. but oh my god... you're having a mini you."

I laugh in pure joy, "I know.. I'm in shock I think? Yesterday was.." I shake my head, "a lot. Too much."

I can see her looking at me with more depth, and her excitement is cut short, her voice laced with worry, "Are you okay Rora? You look really... tired."

I nod, "Yeah.. just.." I whisper my next words, watching my closed bedroom door, "Stuff happened last night, and it's a lot to process."

She sounds genuinely concerned for me, and it's just a small reminder of how much I owe to this girl, "Do you want to talk about it? Are you and Harry still good?" 

I nod quickly, "We're good.. just different." Her eyebrows quirk up, so I briefly explain, "I told him the rest of the story with Leo. The sex tape, the cheating on me with people we were friends with, the using me, my fear of intimacy following... he knows about it all."

I prop my phone up on my lap, picking at my nails and not looking at her when I say the next part, "I went down to the beach. Cried. A lot. His only friend is a complete dick by the way, he was scarily just like Leo. Bought back a lot of memories. Hence why I told Harry everything when he found me."

I clear my throat, "I tried to end it, Deli. Me and him."

"Oh Rora..."

I finally look up to her, and immediately notice her expression. She looks sad and guilty. I shake my head quickly, "No, no, it's okay. He wasn't having any of it. He, uh," my smile is uncontrollable, because I simply can't believe he's real, "he told me he's not giving up. Told me he was going to prove to me that he'd be here. Wasn't going to go anywhere."

And it was in this moment, where I knew Harry was perfect for Aurora. He was willing to work for her, he was willing to show her how love should be shown, and he was willing to earn her trust. He could've ended it and taken the easy route with someone else, but no, he knew she was special, and so he was willing to prove to her he was different.

He was willing to prove to her that he was worth her love. Worth her trust. And he did. Because he didn't give up when things got difficult.

Her smile matches mine, wide and uncontrollable, "He's perfect for you."