4

Aurora Adler
(cw. throwing up)

As I get pulled down on the sofa, a heavy sigh escapes me, "Deli meat, I'm well and truly fucked."

She laughs and I don't think she realises that I'm being serious.

My blank facial expression must show her that I am in fact, not joking, and she pulls me into her arms, resting her head on mine– which is resting on her shoulder, "Tell me about it, Rora."

Another heavy sigh escapes me, "He's perfect."

I continue after I take a minute to recollect on him, and our evening, "Like... I mean, well and truly perfect. He told me that he didn't think any less of me because of my pregnancy after a guy made a comment that made my heart sink. He didn't have to do that. But he did. He reassured me– on our first ever date. I don't think I'm surviving this one."

Deli only laughs, and that has me scowling, my vision being set on the large windows at the back of
my living room, "I told you he was perfect for you."

I look up at her and she knows that's not exactly what I want to hear right this second, and instead talks about something else– but of course, still Harry, "I want a rundown of your night. Tell me why you left for a date that started at 6pm and now it's 1:30am."

I smile as I speak, the memories of him and our night making me have this reaction, "So we had dinner. At the most romantic place by the way," I look up at her who has a cheeky smile on her face, "what the fuck was up with that?"

She chuckles and brings me closer, "It's impossible to not fall in love in a place like that."

I hum a sound of disapproval at her answer, "I told him about my job, and he was actually interested. He told me I was talented... in fact, he was complimenting me all night long. About everything. Anyway.. he ordered us a bottle of alcohol free sparkling wine– and he was so adamant on making sure it was safe for me and the baby, that I swear I heart my heart squeal. I showed him the piece I just sold, and I also showed him my favourite–"

At this, Deli perks up, "He knows about your grandma?"

I look up at her with a mischievous expression, and a look of realisation crosses her face, "You're telling me you told him about the most important person in your life within a few minutes of meeting him?"

My smile drops, and so does my heart, "Uhh, yeah... I kinda forgot to filter a lot of what I was saying."

Deli only sighs, holding me closer, "Oh Jesus."

"Does he know about the sperm donor?" She questions, and I just know she's about to interrogate me.

I shake my head.

"Does he know about your parents?"

I shake my head.

"Does he know about Leo?"

I nod, "Some."

"Does he know about... you know?"

I shake my head with more intention, praying to whatever's out there that she drops it. I don't want to think about that right now.

It was all my fault.

"Okay.. okay."

I mumble, retreating back into myself, "I thought you'd be proud of me for opening up to someone completely new."

She squeezes me before letting go, "I am. I just don't want you to rush this. I don't want to see you get ahead of yourself."

My brows furrow and I feel the familiar feeling of tears pricking the corner of my eyes, "You don't think I should've done any of that, do you?"