14

Aurora Adler

As much as neither us wanted it, Harry had to go home Sunday night.

It was embarrassing, but I could hardly choke out a goodbye without crying. So I just stayed silent and hugged him. Really tight.

He kissed my forehead repeatedly, telling me to sleep well, and to call him if I couldn't sleep. Turns out I couldn't sleep until gone 3 in the morning, but I wasn't about to disrupt his sleep like that.

So I just tossed and turned. My bed feeling empty without him.

It's now Wednesday, and I'm so over only being able to see him an hour a day. Our lunchtime dates are not enough. Never will be.

It's around 40 minutes before Harry's lunch break starts, but I'm so goddamn bored without him. Besides, I have to wait for this layer of paint to dry before I can add any more details... so I may just go see him.

Just for a little bit.

Only wearing a loose open white shirt and underwear, I head into my room and slip a green knitted dress on underneath the shirt, keeping it open to add another layer to my outfit. Before leaving, I wash all the paint back splash off my hands and arms, and spraying the same perfume I've been using for the last 3 and a half weeks.

I smile to myself as I make the familiar walk, enjoying the warm morning sun shining down on me

I smile to myself as I make the familiar walk, enjoying the warm morning sun shining down on me. I take continuous sips of my ice cold water, unscrewing the cap at one point to eat the ice.

Within 10 minutes, I am back at Deli's office, heading straight over to the free vending machine, grabbing both me and Harry some drinks and snacks. Due to it being just after 12:45, I choose some chocolate, knowing that won't effect his weird eating habits.

He won't eat pizza, chocolate, crisps– anything of the sorts before 12pm.

Pressing the elevator button, the doors open to reveal a middle aged woman and a man of the same age range. I kindly smile in their direction as I walk in, standing in front of the doors to not interrupt whatever they're speaking about.

I decide to send a quick text to Harry, and even though I know he has no meetings today, I just want to make sure he's in his office.

With the elevator stopping at another floor on the way up, a dark haired woman walks in, barely acknowledging me as she grins at the woman behind me and practically runs past me to see her.

I don't register anything they're gossiping about until I hear the name of the one man that seems to have swarmed my subconscious within the last few weeks, "You know... word on the street is that he's knocked up his girlfriend, bought her to the gala and everything."

Oh shit.

I can sense the other woman's eyes widening as she speaks in a hushed whisper, "Wow gala official? With the bosses around too?" She sighs, "Always thought he was a good one."