25

song to play: boyfriend by dove cameron

Aurora Adler

This last week has been a week of intense cravings.

I started crying in the middle of the night because I wanted fries so bad. 

Safe to say that night ended with me eating fries in bed at 3am, courtesy of Harry.

He really is one of the best people I've ever met. I love him so much sometimes it hurts. Like my heart is aching to meet his, be connected as one. The emotional need spreads into a physical need, my love being transferred through any form of physical connection he will give me.

It's as if when I'm free of a food craving, my craving for Harry takes over. And like I've said, this week has been the most intense yet.

With my head currently resting on Harry's lap, his one hand is raking through my hair, brushing out the slightly messy strands, picking out the paint that accidentally landed in there earlier as I was finishing up my last, and most difficult, commissioned piece. I'm so thankful that one is out of the way, but its crazy to me that I only have 1 large piece left before I go off for maternity leave.

I mean, this is my largest on all scales, the pay, the canvas size, the amount of sketching I need to do before I can even start– its all the largest I've ever been asked to do. I will say I'm thankful for this though, even just the deposit and half the pay I've received so far is mind boggling. Its more than enough for me to survive with even a year off work. I never believed I would get this far, I genuinely thought I'd be earning 1k a month if I was lucky, the rest of my grandmas will money supporting me, but the fact I have enough to even set up a college fund for her... well its the dream.

I'm forever grateful for the luck I've had with my business. Especially within the last year.

Currently re-watching all the old disney films, my mind transports me back to the conversation I had with Anne and Rob when Harry was showering Saturday morning.

***

Pulling myself down on the sofa, my hand supporting my bump as I do, Anne smiles at me, watching me with focus. I take a large sip through my water bottle, rubbing my hand over my belly, grinning as she kicks me in the hand repeatedly.

Looking in the corner of my eye, I spot Anne staring at the bump, watching as it visibly moves as she moves around. I motion to my bump, smiling at Anne kindly, "You can come and feel her kick if you want to."

She's sitting next to me within a blink, her hand is next to mine, her slightly laughing through a smile as she kicks extra hard. Anne stares at my bump before looking back up to my face, "She's so active."

I nod and smile, gently placing my hand on top of hers so I can guide up to another spot where she is very prominent in her movements, "Me and Harry have a joke about her being a future swimmer with her kicks."

She looks up at me and chokes out a small laugh, me forgetting about how dark that joke really is. Oops.

I hear feet plodding against the floor behind me and I turn my head over my shoulder smiling as I see Rob. Carrying a bowl of cereal with him he looks and mine and Anne's hands rested on my bump, coughing out a laugh when a particularly large kick is seen even through my clothing. I ate some syrup covered pancakes earlier, thanks to Harry, and I think its safe to say she likes pancakes.

With Rob staring at my moving belly, he asks inquisitively, "Does that hurt?"

I shake my head quickly and let him know he can put a hand on my clothed bump, "Not at all. If anything its one of the most special feelings I've ever had the chance of experiencing."