9

Harry Styles
(cw. throwing up)

I wake up before Aurora, and that means I'm lying here, her back to my clothed chest, my arm over her middle and my hand lightly and unintentionally splayed over the entirety of her bump.

I gently move my thumb back and forth, saying a delicate hello to my little one.

I know Aurora needs time, and I understand that full heartedly. The past men she's either been with or loved, have been shit. After hearing what she's told me so far, I don't blame her for not being able to answer me on what I'll be to the baby when they arrive.

There is one role that I would do anything to show her I'm capable of, but I'll never say that word out loud. She's known me for 3 weeks.. today. That's all. That's not enough time for me to prove to her that I can be that person.

I also don't want her to think I'm only here because of the baby, or visa versa. I don't want her to think I'm not not thinking about her reality in 20 weeks. Because I am. I really, really am.

I watch her face as she sleeps, making sure she isn't awake when I press a light kiss to her cheek, and when no movement from her comes, I whisper, "What have you done to make me so hopelessly obsessed with you, hmm?"

I keep my right hand on her bump, however I take my left and smooth away her baby hairs from her forehead, "Starting to think I was made for you."

When she doesn't move, I move slightly further down the bed, so my eyes align with her bump. "You're gonna be so pretty like your mummy, huh?"

"You know... you kept my other secret so good, so can I tell you another one?

Of course I get no reply, but I carry on talking to them anyway. Apparently babies can hear from 18 weeks and I want them to know my voice, I want them to recognise me as someone they can trust and will be here for them. No matter what happens between me and Aurora in the future, I'll be here for them.

"I'm a strong believer in things being 'meant to be', and I'm pretty damn sure me and your mummy are meant to be. And I'm pretty sure you're just that cherry on top that makes us even more special."

I wouldn't change a single factor of how we met, or anything we've done over the last 3 weeks. I wouldn't change the fact that she's not pregnant with my baby, because it takes more than having sex with someone to be a father. That piece of shit who kept information from her, is not the father.

If Aurora chooses to keep me around, if she chooses to let me know her baby, then there will not be one single ounce of restraint or negative feelings to do with the fact I'm not the biological father. She said it herself, he's nothing more than a sperm donor. He helped her get pregnant but that's all. He's not paying support, he doesn't want parental rights, he doesn't even want to see her again.

I press a kiss to the bump, before rolling over and checking the time, internally groaning when I see we've only got 10 minutes before we really need to get up. The hospital is 30 minutes away and we need to be there 15 minutes early. Which means we need to leave just before 9:45. It's currently 8:45, however we also need to go to Aurora's apartment so she can get her medication and whatever else she needs for today.

I cuddle behind her and pull on her hips to press her tighter to me. I stay spooning her for a few minutes before I reluctantly start waking her up. I trail my hands around her face and shoulders, moving her hair away from her pretty face– trying anything to wake her up delicately.

"Wake up beautiful... you've got to go see your baby."

No movement.

I intensify my movements a bit more, "C'mon baby.. I know it's early but we've got to wake up."