22

Aurora Adler

I've always loved halloween.

I've not once been to a halloween party, though.

Maybe next year me and Harry, and possibly Mitch and Sarah– who are some of the best people I've ever met, will be able to put a little party on for the babies.

I really want to make the most out of every occasion with her, and on our lunch a couple Saturday's ago, Mitch and Sarah told us how they do to. 'Keep the magic alive for as long as possible' is what Sarah said.

We've all been in regular contact over the last few weeks, having a group chat the 4 of us, and I'm almost certain Harry and Mitch have been texting. Either that or he's cheating on me.

Having just got out the shower with Harry, we make our way down to his living room, some more takeout on the way. With my water bottle in my lap, we sit on the couch and relax into each other, the sun about to cast a golden glow around the room, it being around 4pm.

With a kiss pressed to the top of my head, his arm tightens around me, his opposite hand resting on top of the bump, making sure she's okay. He's been doing this like clockwork after every time we have sex, and I'm not sure if it's my hormones or just the insane amount of love I have for him, but either way, it has me wanting to cry.

I think it's the hormones. I'm not much of a crier.

When the doorbell goes, Harry removes his hand from my bump and heads towards the door, returning to me not even a minute later with our food. Not knowing what he ordered, I laugh as I peek inside the bag, "Is chinese takeout our after sex meal now?"

He laughs and nods, "Guess so."

The last 3 weeks have been... perfect. We're most certainly in the honeymoon stage of our relationship, everything seeming to be just perfect. That's the only way to describe it. I've never felt more taken care of, loved, worshipped and point blankly adored than I have in these last few weeks. Not to mention it rarely takes longer than 5 minutes for us to end up naked and in bed together.

I steal one of Harry's vegetable spring rolls, laying my head on his shoulder as I eat my way through the mountain of food he got for us, cackling to myself as I steal Harry's full fork of some beef thing, not feeling guilty at all when he stares down at me. After I swallow the food, I place our interlocked hands on my bump, "Week 29 is making me particularly hungry.. don't blame me, blame her."

He shakes his head as he stabs his fork into another piece of beef, "You know I'm not going to do that."

"You're so soft for her..." I gently tease, smiling as he smiles to himself as he chews his mouthful.

"You know," he starts, mumbling through his food, "she can see now? My little mango is no longer a little mango."

Little mango? Does that sound familiar?

I smile gently at a memory that swarms my mind from when we first started dating, "Do you remember how big she is now?"

By the expression on his face, I know he's made the similar connection, "Winter squash."

Leaning over his lap, grabbing another prawn cracker, I smile at his remembrance, but as Harry's been listing off new growth and developments every Friday when we wake up, I'm not surprised he's got it memorised. He's gonna be the best to her.

We finish up the rest of our food in a comfortable silence, the both of us being too hungry to wait any longer, and when I stay cuddled into his side, my legs over his lap and all the food eaten, Harry suddenly jumps, and whips his head round to face me.