CHAPTER ELEVEN

It was 9:30 pm, and Saxlim and Catherina have not been seen by their roommates, June and Hellen. They were last seen in the morning when they both left them in the school to an disclosed location. June laid on her bed reading while Hellen was chatting on her phone sitting on the bed with her legs crossed. Both of them were busy with their momentarily engagement.

Suddenly; June sighed, covered her book and turned towards Hellen and asked.
"What's wrong with these two, they are still not back"
Hellen whose fingers were busy on her phone's keyboard looked up at June, and turned to her phone again and completed what he was typing before she Dropped her phone and said to June.
"Am bothered too"
June raised her upper body and sat comfortably on the bed, and said.
"This is getting so serious, in two days now, strange things has been happening around us" Hellen sighed, adjusted her body on the bed, and murmured.
"And, even their phones were switched off"

June was already fed up with the whole drama, she wanted to separate herself permanently from the whole drama. And. She did not care what Saxlim would do. She considerd what she said to them earlier, about them telling anyone about who is, or trying to escape from her as an empty threat.
Having strongly made up her mind to permanently leave the hostel and squat with Mary her child hood friend that lived off campus in a rented apartment.

Mary came from middle class home, both of her parents were medical doctors, but her father owned several hospitals across the states. It was the idea of her parents that Mary lived off campus in a rented apartment.
Even though Mary did not like the idea. She wanted to live in the campus so that she can be well blending with people. Mary was an introvert, but she always wanted people around her. And that was the only reason she wanted to live in the hostel inside the school. But since her will could not overwhelmed that of her parents, she decided to succumb and do the will of her parents.

Accordingly to her parents, living in the hostel would make her deviate from the moral standards they have thought her from home. Her parents believed that school environment is full of kids and people with low moral standards. And they wanted their daughter Mary away from such low moral standards infecting environment.

And ever since Mary lived there, she has been asking June to come and stay with her for free. But June has refused because she wanted to meet and make new friends.
But now, see where friendship has landed her; her life now is in danger.

Mary remained her only escape from this mess. She decided to tell Hellen and and if she is ready to go with her, Mary will not bhesitate to accept them both.

She told Hellen about her plan to run away from the hostel. Hellen having learnt that they would be living off campus where Saxlim nor Catherina would be able to find them, agreed to run away with her.
And they began to pack their belongings, when they were done, as they carried their bag to leave, the light went off. And everywhere became pitch dark. When the light came again they saw Saxlim on the door looking at them and laughing at them mischievously.

"You both want to run away from me?" She laughed at them, while they watched in great panic.
"You want to leave me for Mary, what can she offer to you that I can't" her voice suddenly became cold.
"If you ever leave me for her, she would be dead even before you get there. Try me and see my true colors" She laughed again as the light went off and when the light came back she was gone.

Hellen rushed and checked the door, and found out that it was locked.
"And how did she came inside here?" Hellen asked.
"She is a demon, and how did she know that we are running away to live with Mary" June replied.
They both sat on the bed scared; and that was how their plan to escape was destroyed.