CHAPTER FOUR

Her phone
has been switched off" June said.
"Catherina has been acting so strange" Hellen added.
"She cut my call and turned her phone off" Saxlim lamented.
"You are in better position to explain to us what is wrong with Catherina, you left with her and came back alone, and she kept on saying that you drowned in the water" Hellen cried.
"She said that I drowned in the river, so tell me, if had drowned in the river like she claimed, will I still be here,? Some thing must be wrong with Catherina" Saxlim affirmed.
"I thought as much" June attested.
"But, I still have one question for you Saxlim,.....why did you came back without Catherina?" Hellen inquired.
"You really want to know?" Saxlim asked.
"Yes, tell me" Hellen stated.
"Okay, immediately we got to the river Catherina received a call from her aunty, and that was how she left me in the river telling me that it was urgent that she sees her aunty; and when I was done swimming I came back immediately" Saxlim clearified.
"So, that was it?" Hellen asked.
"Yes" Saxlim stated.
"I think we need to report this to the police, before it's too late" June requested.
"Police?" Saxlim laughed hysterically.
"And what's funny about we reporting our friend who is acting strange and we could not confirm her way about" June thundered.
"I think you have a point June" Hellen added.
"Should we go right away?" Hellen asked looking Tensed.
"I think we should wait until tomorrow, if we did not connect with her, then we would go" June suggested
That's a good idea, Hellen supported.

**** **** **** **** **** ****
As Catherina entered the room, she shut the door behind her. The floor was tiled white, the ceiling rimmed with blue and pink light. In the middle of the ceiling was a beautiful shangalia light. King sized mattress in an ultramodern designed bed, with flowery bed spread. The bed was placed in an about six inches to the window. In the right side of the bed was a wardrobe which was tinted bronze. The appealing scent of the air-refreshner and chilled air from the air-conditioner evoked alluring calmness on Catherina's body and soul. She walked to the bed, dropped her handbag on the reading desk by the Left side, and threw herself on the bed.

She took a deep breathe savouring the cold air and the sweet fragrance in the atmosphere. She then realized that It would not be long before Nathan comes back to announce the dinner. She stood up, pulled off her cloths to her underwears, and walked into the bathroom. A massive mirror stood infront of her, she admired her glowing skin tone and captivating curves. She smiled to herself and removed her underwears and stepped into the bathtub. When she was done bathing, she came out of the tub and yanked off a white towel from the hanger- dried her body and tied it round her chest and walked out the bathroom. She reached for the wardrobe held it's both handles and pulled it open.

The sight blew her mind. The wardrobe was stuffed with assorted female wears, gowns, jeans, tops, plenty cassuals, cooperate wears, underwears, nightwears, and foothwears. All bearing manufacturer's lable and most in the nylon indicating that they have never been worn before. Strange thought took over her mind. She wondered if Nathan actually lived alone or with a woman. And another thought of her's countered it, questioning how come none of the cloths had been worn before. She stood there carried away in a deep thought- her eyes browsed through the wears in the closet. And in a flash she remembered the very words of Nathan. "Here is your room, everything you needed is here, feel free to use the wardrobe, and every other things, they are all your"
"All mine?" She said out loud to herself.

Then a knock came on the door. Nathan's voice echoed. "Catherina, when you are ready come down to the dinning, the dinner has been served" She listened and heard his footsteps as he left. She quickly threw her arm in the wordrobe and grabbed a pair of pyjamas, removed it from the hanger. And threw it in the bed, before she jammed the wardrobe doors. She ripped off the towel from her body, and flinged it on the bed. And forced the pyjamas on her body, before she took the towel to the bathroom and thrust it in the hanger. She turned to the mirror and oberseved her looks on the pyjamas. She realized the the top was buttened halfway, and that revealed her captivating succulent breast. She buttened up to the top.
And smiled to her enchanting image in the mirror. She turned her back to view her back-side, the sight of her behind gave her satisfaction, the pyjamas brought out all the curve in her waist.
She dashed out of the bathroom in a barefoot and with barefoot she walked down to the dinning.

Reaching the dinning, Nathan was already there waiting for her to join him for the dinner. On seeing her he smiled boldly and urshered her to a seat. She gave him a heartfelt smile and sat on the dinning chair.
"Hope you will like my food?" Nathan asked with smile all over his face.
"What did you cook" Catherina asked.
"Spaghetti with smoked fish sauce" Nathan.
"Never heard of that before, what a combination" Catherina.
"You can call it Nathan's concoction" they both laughed lavishly.
He opened the dinner bowl plates, and dished out both of their portions, and served Catherina her own, before she poured her a full glass of water and his own. They shared grace, and began to dine. As Catherina munched her first scoop. She concentrated on her taste board, when she was certain that the meal tasted good, she smiled. "Wow! that's delicious"
"Was that a compliment?" Nathan asked smiling back.
"Ofcourse, I love the combo" Catherina.
"Wow! Am flattered, you are the first woman that have ever eaten my food. Am grearful that you liked it" Nathan told Catherina, her mind rushed to the female wears In the closet.

"Talking about the first woman, who owned the clothes in your closet" Catherina asked with enthusiasm, Nathan smiled.
"Oh! Do you mean those female wears in your wordrobe?" Nathan asked.
"My room?" Catherina laughed.
"It's your room because you will be sleeping there tonight, and anytime you want" Nathan.
"Whatever" Catherina laughed.
"They're for my woman" said Nathan.
"Your woman?" Catherina inquired.
"Yes, my woman" Nathan replied bluntly.
"Then, where is she?" Catherina became seriously inquisitive.
"I hope to meet her someday?" Nathan clearified.
"Meet her someday?" Catherina wondered.
"Yes, to meet her someday" Nathan replied, Catherina became so confused unable to understand the kind of man that would buy things for the woman he is yet to meet.
"And why did you gave me access to those, if they are for your dream woman?" Catherina investigated. Nathan tried to reply but felt a tremor on his throat. He tried again and didn't know how to start to answer the question. Then, words gushed out from his throat.
"Something in me told me that you are that woman"

Catherina's breathe cut, she tried to breath but couldn't find some air in the atmosphere, her muscles stiffed and she did not know when her fork slip from her grip, she tried to reach for it, Nathan held her hand. She looked Up at Nathan's face, the duo gave each other a long thoughtful glare. When Catherina got hold of herself again, she said to Nathan, "excuse me"
"Okay" said Nathan as he released Catherina's hand from his soft grip. Catherina picked her fork.
"Sorry about that" said Nathan.
"It's okay" said Catherina softly before she kept her fork on the table. Her face looking worried.
"Are you okay?" Nathan asked, bothered. Catherina who was feeling dizzy and light headed excused herself from Nathan to be alone, as she stood up to walk away to her room. She staggered, Nathan sprang up immediately and held her steady.
"Thank you" she said and shock off Nathan's hand from her body, lackadaisical she climbed the staircase as Nathan stood and watched helplessly.