Chapter 40

Kira's Pov
The sun was shining brighter than usual and i stared across the street walking down memory lane. If i was given a second chance at life then i would write all my wrongs and make them right.

It all started with me bumping into Jack in high school when i was stranded, i still remember his words till date.
"Hi mis, it's not safe here to be all alone especially for a beautiful girl," he smiled at me and it was the first time someone was nice to me.

I still hold on to that memory, but now everything was completely gone. Had i left the day he told me he loved Danielle and he couldn't be with me, maybe everything would have been perfect.

When i saw the news of Jace's parents and Monica's death, i couldn't bare the guilt, i started drinking to escape reality, i tried my best to focus but it didn't work till jack decided to sign me up for therapy, it was hard to talk to my therapist and she almost gave up on me, i struggled to be in the place as jace for i always saw him break down Infront of me.

I tried to tell him the truth countless times but i couldn't bring myself to do it, one time i mastered the courage and went to see him but then he had traveled to New York. I did everything i could to convince Jack to let me go to New York for some work and after multiple failed attempts he finally allowed me to go but when i arrived there it was too late.

Isabella was already with him, Jace looked so vulnerable at that point. They walked into the room and i patiently waited for him but the person that came out of the room was Isabella and she had me followed.

When i told her that i came to tell Jace the truth for the guilt was killing me, she simply laughed and reminded me of the murder and how should would expose my situation to the world and Jack would be dragged with me, i was terrified upon hearing this so i agreed to help her out, eventually i was able to tell Jace the truth about Luke's birth and i managed to convince Sean to support me and he agreed but unfortunately she had him killed and told me that i would be next to die if I tried to act smart with her.

My life had become a nightmare, no one but jack knew that I'm on medication to reduce my anxiety and trauma, Jack had no idea what was going on but he offered me support through it all, due to this every time i got pregnant i had a miscarriage due to the stress i was having. I became depressed at some point, Jack did all he could but nothing could bring me back from the pit i dag deep for myself.

I was so ashamed of myself, infront of others I pretended to be fine but deep down my mistakes were constantly staring back at me, in the name of love i took what wasn't mine and i made everyone around me suffer due to my selfishness, i wish I would take everything back but i couldn't and all i hoped for now was that they all could forgive me for i didn't mean to hurt them.

Riele has been unconscious for an hour now, i informed jack and Jace, they said they'll be here in 3-4 hours time. The kids are taking a nap together with Amanda, those two really made her work today.

The doctor emphasized on bed rest for her blood pressure was high and might suffer a miscarriage if she continued to stress.

But i had made my decision, i would tell Jace the truth and if he chose to hate me then I'll take it, I could have stopped his parents and Monica or did something to prevent the accident but i didn't, I'm ready to be punished for my mistakes.

************************************
The door opened and i knew exactly how it was.
"Honey I'm home and i brought company," Jack sounded so happy and on a normal day i would jump with joy seeing him back home but today was adifferent thing, i had to tell them the honest truth.

I quickly headed for the living room to welcome him but upon getting there i saw an unfamiliar face and i stopped in my tracks. Jack noticed and he smiled before introducing the lady in my living room.